Ask briantinnion about soft drinks thread

@briantinnion I’ve recently been sampling the lemonade pressé and the red fruit pressé from Supervalu. I’m finding them both very enjoyable but with quantities so small in the bottle, I’m wondering if there’s a more mass-produced brand I should be switching to.

Also, I’m wondering if you could pass judgement on the new CocaCola Life product please. I understand the sweetener (stevia) is far healthier than aspartame.

Hi Brian,

How do you rate Irn Bru and what are your views on its lack of availability in this country?

Soft drinks are for the devil. Steer clear of them, lads.

@Rocko please make this thread a sticky

@briantinnion
is it acceptable to refer to my soft drink as a “mineral”?

Excellent topic @Rocko. Soft drinks are a real vice for me. I grew up 2 miles from the nearest shop and didn’t have ready access to soft drinks so they’ve always been a treat for me.

On the drink above from Super Valu I have yet to try - I will try this week and revert to you.

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1126340, member: 2514”]Hi Brian,

How do you rate Irn Bru and what are your views on its lack of availability in this country?[/QUOTE]

I have it occasionally purely for the novelty factor. I’d like to see it more widely available. The more selection the better.

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1126349, member: 367”]@briantinnion
is it acceptable to refer to my soft drink as a “mineral”?[/QUOTE]

Perfectly acceptable.

I prefer the term “soda” myself.

Pop.

@Rocko, is this thread OFFICIAL?

Is there a larger container than a 330ml can for San Pelly lemonade?

Too soon to say mate. It’s certainly on track so far but we’ll be monitoring it closely.

Good question.

I’m reserving my query for the official thread. I trust you @Mac[/USER] and [USER=9]@Bandage will make a decision on this soon.

Bogger alert! I remember being a young lad cutting turf for an uncle all day long in the sweltering heat and our reward for the day was a warm litre of coke between about 5 of us. We were happy out too

I’ve never seen one. I was gonna go off and do some research to see if they did anything but what would be the point - they aren’t available in shops so why torture yourself.

I never buy soda in larger receptacles. I find that soda loses its fizz once it’s been opened and it doesn’t taste right after a two or three hours. I feel I’ve reached a stage of success in my life where I don’t need the economies of scale achieved by buying soda in 2L bottles. I’ll sometimes go for 1.25L bottle if I’m settling in for the evening to watch something like the Super Bowl or the World’s Strongest Man but other than that it’s canned drinks or glass bottles if I’ve gone down the craft soda route.

@briantinnion Have you ever sampled a glass bottled Mexican Coca Cola? I don’t think I’ve ever had a nicer soft drink.

Brian.
Tanora? Yay or nay?

I have not. And to get back to @Rocko’s earlier question I have yet to sample the new Coke.

The new coke tastes shite, similar enough to that Coke Zero piss