Ask briantinnion about soft drinks thread

Great thread @briantinnion

Does the Old Jamaica ginger beer fall under soft drinks Brian? If so, how do you rate?
I’d occasionally pick up a can from one of the Asian stores around Limerick. It’s unrale in a glass with loads of ice.

The Afghan store on henry street has an array of exotic sodas

I love the ginger beer as well. The Fentimans one is probably best if a little expensive. Bundaberg good also.

Guys, I no longer imbibe fizzy drinks. I have had a torrid time with my skin lately which I believe was part stress related, part diet related. I gave up fizzy drinks and now drink sparkling water instead. I’ll be passing over stewardship of this thread to @Rocko.

4 Likes

Can’t say fairer than that.

1 Like

This is @briantinnion

Sparkling water is the future mate. What’s your brand of choice?

I would never have been huge into fizzy drinks, but when I did decide to stop drinking them sparkling water was the key.
It gives you that initial, cold, thirsty quenching sensation but without killing you.

I really pity lads that still go around drinking fizzy drinks. You may as well be smoking 50 major a day as drinking a can of fanta or the like.

5 Likes

Sugar is pure evil

Sparkling water is the job. My life partner and I go through 12 litres a week of it.

1 Like

Is it okay to drink tap water, guys?

Don’t even get me started on the lads who have made the switch to Coke zero and the like :joy:

1 Like

Living in Dublin? You’d want your head examined pal.

The water in our area is A-Ok, mate.

1 Like

@Bandage, this is a falsehood. You are drinking water from an uncovered reservoir in Stillorgan. I used to live beside it and found it amusing that birds fly over it and defecate into the water.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057633272

1 Like

Bird shit is grand, mate. You have to give your immune system a chance. I suppose you wash the muck off mushrooms before you eat them as well? Ye’ll all die of a cold in a few years while I’ll live forever.

3 Likes

Have you ever seen how sparkling water is made?

1 Like

Does it involve a straw and farts?

It doesn’t all come from mountain streams you know.

3 Likes