Ask briantinnion about soft drinks thread

Brian, what’s the best soft drink to mix with vodka?

Slimline tonic. 2 calories in the little bottles.

EDIT: if it’s late in the evening, you’re intending staying out and like me you are the wrong side of 30 it has to be Red Bull. You’ll pay for it the next day but to quote some fat 40 year old bird from my Facebook feed - no one remembers the nights they went to bed early.

@Rocko[/USER], please pass this thread over to [USER=1755]@Blake

Cidona was better years ago as well.

An outstanding soft drink:

[ATTACH=full]2740[/ATTACH]

@briantinnion Your thoughts please on Ballygowan’s new (or I assume they’re new) Sparklingly Fruity range of drinks.

I find the lemon version subtle yet surprisingly assertive, bitter yet pleasantly sweet. I’d like your feedback of course as I don’t have your palate for minerals.

Haven’t had the pleasure yet. I’ll report back by COB Friday.

Bump for @briantinnion

I meant this Friday. Apologies.

My mistake, I knew you wouldn’t commit to a deadline on your holiday weekend.

Yea, when there was no apple juice in it. Sure they had to put the apple juice back in.

I’m enjoying the Volvic Juiced Cloudy Lemon efforts at the moment. Fairly refreshing if bit tangy… What say you @briantinnion?

I’ve fallen right behind my soft drinks tastings lately due to my recent holiday. I’ll revert on all in due course.

The only recent new drink I’ve tried is that light blue Pepsi, think it’s meant to be something like the green Coke. Both disgusting anyway.

Anyone else see the craft soda is on its way? Pepsi are launching a few new niche drinks to capitalise on the popularity of craft beer

In responding to the Ballygowan and Volvic queries you might just check that you’re not stepping on any toes by infringing on @Fagan_ODowd’s mineral water thread. I think he’s more concerned with unflavoured waters but it’s worth making sure we don’t have a civil war on our hands.

You could merge the threads @Rocko

I would be ok with this.

Do you cover apple juice, bt?

Might be overstepping my original Terms of Reference but I’m happy to do so.

@briantinnion please sample the new lemon and mint San Pellegrino if not already done so. I think its ace. Looking forward to your feedback.

1 Like

Might help people cut down on drinking Coca Cola.