Ask Rocko about Sweets but don't expect a reply thread

@Rocko - What sweets and confectionery are munching during the Champions League final

I have had two Melton Mowbrey Pork Pies (not a sweet) and am now having some white giant buttons and a mug of tea

I’ve had a Toffee Crisp and a Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer during the first half. I’m taking a break now because I’m waiting for Mrs Rocko to come home and make my dinner and I don’t want to be too full before it.

I have a caramel slice for later which I think I’ll enjoy with a cup of tea and a second Toffee Crisp.

Having cooked and eaten a lovely big stir fry, I have just polished off the end of a large bar of Milka.

Which type Piles?

Plain alpine milk. Grand so it was.

Home made paleo bars and a few bottles of Orpens cider

Great thread, @Rocko, what are your thoughts on Cadbury’s Marvellous Creations, specifically the jelly popping candy one

I had a brodericks rocky road bar. Our next door neighbour owns the broderick coffee shops and Manchester vending chain. He is manc Irish, and found an Irish confectionary company which made brodericks cake and sweet bars. No relation, but he liked the name, so uses them in his shops etc. he gave me a whole box of assorted high end chocolate. About 50000 kcal in all I reckon. I’m near the bottom of the box. :-(. They are delicious. You can feel them doing you harm as you eat them.
As an aside, he has a very expensive car, and on Thursday night he interrupted thieves breaking in to his house. The peelers reckon they were after the car. I told him he should leave it on the driveway instead of the road, to which he replied " I’m going to leave it on your fucking driveway from now on". :smiley:

Terrible show of lick arsing here from @chewy louie :eek:

@Rocko what was Che Guevara’s favorite sweet?

A nice gimmick to have occasionally. They’re tasty but slightly unfulfilling. Not a staple for the pantry.

Ask Rocko , you fucking cunts.

What happened to space dust?
And time bars, which lasted most of the afternoon.

@Rocko what are your thoughts on Galaxy Caramel chocolate bars?

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 949116, member: 1170”]What happened to space dust?
And time bars, which lasted most of the afternoon.[/QUOTE]
Fuck that shit, where can i find texan bars or a near equivalent

http://www.lovefood.com/images/content/promo/texan-bar.jpg

I think they’re fine for the underdeveloped palate Chewy. I don’t want to be condescending because for much of my youth I was very keen on this sort of confectionary. But as I mature, I find I prefer a chewier caramel (if you’ll pardon the pun).

A fine diversion from a plain Galaxy but steer clear from making it a staple of your diet.

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 1025093, member: 179”]Fuck that shit, where can i find texan bars or a near equivalent

http://www.lovefood.com/images/content/promo/texan-bar.jpg[/QUOTE]
Have you tried Charleston Chews as a modern day alternative? They can be obtained in Spar on Eden Quay and are my current favourite bar. They are a chocolate covered nougat which is chewy like the Texan but can be refrigerated or frozen to give a teeth-smashing effect if desired.

@Rocko
What is the best bar with chocolate, caramel & biscuit? I really like Moro’s :clap:

Also, I am fond of adding chocolate to my cheese & onion tayto eating experience. Is this frowned upon?

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 1025173, member: 1517”]@Rocko
What is the best bar with chocolate, caramel & biscuit? I really like Moro’s :clap:

Also, I am fond of adding chocolate to my cheese & onion tayto eating experience. Is this frowned upon?[/QUOTE]
I must confess that while I’m a big fan of biscuits, I’m not a huge fan of biscuit as an ingredient in chocolate bars. There can be exceptions to this but it’s not my top ingredient.

Many people are drawn to the popular trilogy of Chocolate + Caramel + AN Other ingredient to provide a bit of bite or substance. I like nougat (see Double Decker), wafer (Lion) , and peanut (Star Bar) as the masonry in those constructions. Additional elements like crispy bits (Double Decker, Toffee Crsip) can add vibrancy to this combination but I think biscuit, caramel and chocolate struggles to hold its own as a standalone combination. Put a Moro against a Star Bar and the Star Bar wins every day. The peanuts just add so much to the equation that the plain biscuit cannot.

Your other comment is ridiculous talk and doesn’t deserve a response.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 1025208, member: 1”]I must confess that while I’m a big fan of biscuits, I’m not a huge fan of biscuit as an ingredient in chocolate bars. There can be exceptions to this but it’s not my top ingredient.

Many people are drawn to the popular trilogy of Chocolate + Caramel + AN Other ingredient to provide a bit of bite or substance. I like nougat (see Double Decker), wafer (Lion) , and peanut (Star Bar) as the masonry in those constructions. Additional elements like crispy bits (Double Decker, Toffee Crsip) can add vibrancy to this combination but I think biscuit, caramel and chocolate struggles to hold its own as a standalone combination. Put a Moro against a Star Bar and the Star Bar wins every day. The peanuts just add so much to the equation that the plain biscuit cannot.

Your other comment is ridiculous talk and doesn’t deserve a response.[/QUOTE]
Having said all that I forgot to go ahead with my recommendation.

I recently sampled some Holy Molys (which can be purchased in Super Valu). They are shaped like a sawn off Curly Wurly but they are biscuity as opposed to chewy caramel. I wouldn’t have them in my top 25 bars, but I’d rate them ahead of Moro in the biscuit based bar equation. Well worth a look.