Ask Rocko about Sweets but don't expect a reply thread

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1033980, member: 1170”]I once ate a whole box of thorntons chocolate covered toffee in one sitting. From the fridge. I had cramp in my jaw toward the end but struggled on. I daren’t have them in the house anymore. They are delicious. As you found my taste in biscuits a little on the proletarian side, I wonder* how you would rate these @Rocko

*idle curiosity, not something I care deeply about.[/QUOTE]
@Rocko you ignorant cunt! Answer the bloody question.

@Rocko, I’ve opened a packet of meanies and although the date suggests they’re out of date on 25MAR15 they taste a little stale. What should I do?

:rolleyes: go to the fucking crisp thread

Stop buying crisps in Dealz for a start

Mini eggs :clap:

Aldi Caramel Chocolate Wafer bars are a fine snack and an adequate replacement for Tunnocks.

Marks and Spencer’s Extremely Chocolatey Caramels are probably the finest sweet on the market.

@Rocko in spite of the controversy surrounding the change of chocolate in the creme egg, I find myself eating more of them now than i usually would.

How are you finding the new creme eggs yourself ?

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 1087283, member: 179”]@Rocko in spite of the controversy surrounding the change of chocolate in the creme egg, I find myself eating more of them now than i usually would.

How are you finding the new creme eggs yourself ?[/QUOTE]
:oops:

Didn’t even know they were out again.

Only if you stop selling beer there

Quality when you were a 6/7 year old

[ATTACH=full]2345[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]2347[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 1087283, member: 179”]@Rocko in spite of the controversy surrounding the change of chocolate in the creme egg, I find myself eating more of them now than i usually would.

How are you finding the new creme eggs yourself ?[/QUOTE]
I think the controversy is typical of our short-sighted, bandwagon jumping, instant gratification society. The new Creme Eggs are just fine and dandy. They aren’t perfect but they never were. They’re a welcome sideshow from more bland run-of-the-mill confectioneries, but like the regular non-cremed egg, they should be taken in moderation. A half dozen a week seems plenty.

Rocko, I’ve asked Mrs. Cat for a Moro Easter egg this Easter but having read your comments earlier in this thread I feel rather foolish. What would you recommend?

Firstly, take your time. You need to see how your tastebuds develop and mature over the next couple of months.

I could tell you here and now to get a Double Decker egg for example. I could wax lyrically about the bulk of the DD, the playful interaction between the nougat and the chocolate, the way it complements a cup of tea so perfectly etc but that would be just singling out one of many options. It may have the side effect of encouraging you towards Double Deckers as an occasional treat - not a problem in itself - but by the time Easter comes around you may well feel your Double Decker needs have been sated somewhat.

I like to see Easter as a special occasion when one should broaden ones horizons a bit. I’m not suggesting you do something stupid like buy a Lindt egg or something pretentious, but I do think there should be a novelty, not just about the egg as a construct but also about the chocolate bars you are getting. I’d advise abstaining from your chosen product for a good 3 weeks beforehand in any event.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 1087467, member: 1”]Firstly, take your time. You need to see how your tastebuds develop and mature over the next couple of months.

I could tell you here and now to get a Double Decker egg for example. I could wax lyrically about the bulk of the DD, the playful interaction between the nougat and the chocolate, the way it complements a cup of tea so perfectly etc but that would be just singling out one of many options. It may have the side effect of encouraging you towards Double Deckers as an occasional treat - not a problem in itself - but by the time Easter comes around you may well feel your Double Decker needs have been sated somewhat.

I like to see Easter as a special occasion when one should broaden ones horizons a bit. I’m not suggesting you do something stupid like buy a Lindt egg or something pretentious, but I do think there should be a novelty, not just about the egg as a construct but also about the chocolate bars you are getting. I’d advise abstaining from your chosen product for a good 3 weeks beforehand in any event.[/QUOTE]
My candy machine of choice has only been charging €0.10.cent for Double Deckers since last June… Unreal!

In my national school memory if you use the euro (formerly pound) sign you do not then write ‘cents’ (formerly pence).

Bag them up and send them to the customer service department you’ll be eating a box of meanies before you know it

@Rocko what was or is the greatest sweet/candy/bar

@Rocko can i get your views on the mini dime bar sweets. I’ve eaten half a kg of them in the past two weeks.

Ah that’s almost impossible to answer.

My Hall of Fame would currently include:

Chocolate Bars
Charelston Chew
Terry’s Chocolate Orange (Milk chocolate)
Star Bar
Tunnock’s Caramel Wafer

Sweets
Oatfield Emerald Chews (a personal favourite but not everyone’s cup of tea)
Wine Gum Sours
Milk Teeth (the powdery type)
Hershey’s Milk Duds
Fizzy Cola Bottles

Novelty Items
Tunnock’s Tea Cake

I don’t like Dime Bars. I think the exterior chocolate is too soft in contrast to the crunchy centre.