Aston Villa

They’ll get nothing from this terrible game against United.

Telling that Fat Gary Pooper was subbed and subsequently dropped just after breaking his 18 hour plus goal drought.

Villa have a superior GD to everyone else around them which is nearly worth another point.

If they get a point or 3 against Hull I think they will be safe, however they could take tankings against City and Spurs on current form which would change things.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmK_z3jCEAIB8O6.png

We love you Villa, we do. Once a big club, always a big club. We need a really strong finish to the season now, continuing on Wednesday.

http://i1.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article173278.ece/alternates/s615/villa-captain-dennis-mortimer-with-the-european-cup-may-1982-343021555.jpg

In.

out

shake it all about

Hopefully there will be news on a takeover in the next week or 2 . Relegation was never really an issue as I told Totti a few times. Comfortably in 14th . Lambert/Lerner Out!!

@Rintintin

What’s the general feeling on Lambert? He was a smashing player but he seems to get a very comfortable ride from the media in his management career. It all started really well obviously but he’s had two really poor seasons with Villa. The excuse has been that he has assembled a young team but I imagine that is at least partly of his own choosing, and he hasn’t really moulded them into much of a team.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 940284, member: 1”]@Rintintin

What’s the general feeling on Lambert? He was a smashing player but he seems to get a very comfortable ride from the media in his management career. It all started really well obviously but he’s had two really poor seasons with Villa. The excuse has been that he has assembled a young team but I imagine that is at least partly of his own choosing, and he hasn’t really moulded them into much of a team.[/QUOTE]
The wage restrictions he is working with under Lerner are tough going in fairness. Not allowed sign a player on more than 20k a week which is v small money in premier league terms. I was overall happy with him last season as he was just assembling his squad and was playing nice attacking football even if results were mediocre. This season has been a complete shambles though as he has played negative anti-football from word go. The majority of fans have been calling for his head for the last 2 months or so abd I’m sure he will be gone if there is a takeover.

Not surprised that the fans have lost patience. He seems strangely exempt from media criticism though. Even the recent backroom upheavals got very little news.

The media don’t care about small time clubs like Aston Villa

Aston Villa are one of the 12 founding members of the Football League, 7 times champions of England, 7 times FA Cup winners, 5 times League Cup Champions and European Champions in 1982. A small time club?

How many points have they won or lost against teams in the top 0r bottom half of the table?

you fucking retard
how is he supposed to know this?, the club was founded in 1874,
do you want him to go thru each season since then and calculate the figure broken out by division?

Of course you’re right on one level. As head of the EPL Richard Scudamore has identified Manchester United’s season horriblus has the potential to damage the global brand and appeal of the EPL. It would seem that at all levels from administrators to fans, the model desired is more akin to christians going head to head with the lions in Roman Empire times, entertainment where the result is pre-ordained and to hell with good honest competition and unpredictability.

Big clubs think big.

Time to poop on this party.

@Rocko Rumour doing the rounds that Lambert was overheard saying he will be at another Club next season . He is surely off from Villa after such a dismal season . The Norwich fans seem to think they are getting Lennon. Putting 2 +2 together Lambert to Celtic? Have you heard any inkling of this?