Aston Villa

The Lennon to Norwich bit is long rumoured. Seems all a bit much that everything would be lined up and agreed with all parties. Also canā€™t see why Lennon would join Norwich. Not convinced heā€™ll stay at Celtic for more than another year but a newly relegated team wouldnā€™t hold much appeal.

Heard nothing of the Lambert to Celtic part though Celtic were very accommodating to his coaching training and always rumoured he had promised to return.

Heard Lambert has been cut to 4/1 to be next Celtic manager in the last few hours. If he played the football he did at Norwich and his first season at Villa he would be an exciting addition anyway. Something in the back of my head tells me he was told keep villa up on a shoestring this season at the cost of nice football in a cost cutting exersise preparing the club for a takeover. If that is the case he will be seen in a much better light by Villa fans. The next few days will tell the story. I think there may be a decent manager in there but he has gone too far to come back at Villa.

[SIZE=6]Birmingham pub bombings: Aston Villa plan minuteā€™s applause for victims[/SIZE]
[LIST]
[]Nov 20, 2014 16:01
[
]By Mike Lockley
[/LIST]
[SIZE=5]Club makes U-turn over decision not to mark 40th anniversary of Birminghamā€™s greatest terrorist atrocity at Monday night match[/SIZE]
http://s3.mirror.co.uk/production/email/banners_desktop_birmingham.jpg
[LIST]
[]600 Shares
[
]Share
[]Tweet
[
]+1
[*]Email
[/LIST]

http://i4.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/article8144947.ece/alternates/s615/villamain.jpg
Villa Park and (inset) Julie and Brian Hambleton of Justice4the21
Aston Villa have relented[/URL] over their decision not to mark the 40th anniversary [URL=ā€˜http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/all-about/birmingham-pub-bombingsā€™]of the Birmingham pub bombings, the Mail has learned.

The Premier League outfit now plans to hold a minuteā€™s applause at Monday nightā€™s home game against Southampton.

The tribute for the 21 victims of the IRA attacks on the Tavern in the Town and Mulberry Bush is set to take place 21 minutes into the game, the Mail was told.

The U-turn came less than 24 hours after we revealed Villa had refused to hold a minuteā€™s silence to mark four decades since the unsolved terrorist atrocity.

That decision enraged relatives of the dead who campaign for justice under the Justice 4 the 21 banner.

Brian Hambleton, whose sister Maxine died in the bombings, said: ā€œThe Birmingham Mail has worked wonders ā€“ and you can quote me on that.ā€

As a supporter of the Birmingham pub bombings I am now relinquishing my support of Aston villa

Gestedeā€¦ All my troubles seemed so far awayā€¦ Now your better than Bentekeā€¦ Oohhhh I believe in gestede.

1 Like

I see Alan Hutton captained them today, no harm seeing these counts get relegated

2 Likes

Garde canā€™t believe how unprofessional the whole set up is apparently.

He scored a lovely own goal today as well, looks like he wasnā€™t captain today but still a prized cunt

Whatā€™s your problem with the villa bud

Easily conceivable you will have both Villa and Newcastle down in the Championship next season which from my own point of view would be a nightmare.

Comical defending for Sunderlandā€™s two second half goals today. Relegation all but assured in early Jan

They will probably break the low points record.

Their new manager looks utterly clueless too, what an omnishambles.

Remember when @KIB_man wasnā€™t happy with them finishing 6th or whatever under Oā€™Neill. And he wasnā€™t alone. Such a deluded fanbase for a shitty club.

5 Likes

they score some brilliant goals tho
the ones vs sundireland and newcastle were screamers
watched MOTD the other night and their defence is criminal, Lescottā€™s defending against Defoe was utterly apallingā€¦ how is yer man Clarke not in the team, presume heā€™s injured

Cos he was playing shite

fuckā€¦ worse than Lescott

Aston Villa are the 4th most successful team in England pal

1 Like

Technically Limerick are the fourth most successful hurling team in Ireland.

#bigclub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxicVF-sqP8