Aston Villa

Had a great game against the asthmatics last November but broke his foot after that. Delighted to see him back to form

Scotland actually have the bones of a decent international team with McGinn, Mctominay, Robertson, Tierney, Fraser etc.

1 Like

Villa have just signed Ross Barkley from Chelsea on a season long loan.

Depending on where we play Barkley, this could make a genuine difference to the season. What I mean is that Barkley has to replace Hourihane in the starting line-up and not Douglas Luiz or John McGinn. If he gets put in for Hourihane then the team is genuinely improved. Hourihane was the last one of our starting line-up that isnā€™t really a proper premiership player and Barkley definitely is a proper premiership player. Weā€™d lose Hourihane on dead ball deliveries but Iā€™d say John McGinn or Grealish arenā€™t too far behind him for that.

Villa have had bad experiences signing central midfielders on year long loans from Chelsea before. We signed Danny Drinkwater from them on loan last season and it was a complete disaster. Drinkwater seems to be still be stealing a living at Chelsea, believe it or not, despite not even appearing on their official squad listings for the season.

I think Barkley is slightly more of a proven quantity than Drinkwater and didnā€™t put in his only good performances by overdosing on caffeine under Claudio Ranieri. Besides, itā€™s only a loan and Villa arenā€™t really risking anything.

I donā€™t think Iā€™d support starting Barkley ahead of either Douglas Luiz or John McGinn though. You need to show some faith in the key men who have been getting the team results so far this season.

If Villa get the Ross Barkley of 2014 then he could contribute 8 or 9 goals from midfield.

1 Like

A super signing for Villa. Never liked him thoughā€¦

Barkley can strike a ball but heā€™s a terrible athlete.

So an upgrade for Villa.

An upgrade on that shitebag Hourihane but heā€™s not great.

1 Like

Would Villians not be worried Grealish is off with that signing?

Thought he had just resigned for 5 years or something.?

Would the new contract have a hefty release clause in it?

Heftier than Luke Shawā€™s arse.*

Not really, Grealish is playing on the left wing ATM. Dean Smith has never wanted Hourihane as a PL starter. Last season he took in Drinkwater to start ahead of him but it didnā€™t work out.

!!!

@Thomas_Brady
@mikehunt
Who else?
@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy tag everyone of those fuckers please, you know who they are.

1 Like

Weā€™re fucking back

1 Like

Huh?

That was far too easy for Salah, Iā€™d say Liverpool will nick this at the end.

Weā€™d be lucky to get a point here. That would be a huge point in the context of our relegation battle.

That was a lucky goal and villa have been very sloppy, I expect Liverpool to come back into this

McGinniesta is on :fire:

1 Like