Athletics Thread

Jackson absolutely obliterated them there.

Barely out of 2nd or 3rd gear.

So many Jamaicans in every sprint event, Long Jump and Triple Jump. All likely inspired by Bolt when they were aged 10-14. Hopefully the likes of Rhasidat or Ciara can inspire something similar in Irish kids in the next few years

Lyles in 19.52.

Love it

Noah Lyles not making any friends in the NBA or MLB

1 Like

All inspired by Salazar and the like

This is fucking magnificent, wait til you see him. Oh and listen til the end

1 Like

1 Like

Horan and Gillick having serious #bantz out there. Horan seems to be a right lad for a bit of craic

That had to have been for a bet

The answer as to why she didn’t run between Diamond League and Budapest. Hasn’t been mentioned publicly anywhere else I think.

“She came back to Europe, ran her second fastest 200m, then she had some bumps in the road, some lower back spasms, after the travelling. But that’s not because she was unfit and not ready. We missed out on probably two weeks training, she was getting treatment twice a day, every day, just so she could get it under control.”

Taken from this article. A good read. He doesn’t buy into the fatigue argument for her.

Praveen, Ramesh and Sudith just ran the race of their lives to qualify for the final of the 4x400 relay @KinvarasPassion

3 Likes

The Italians barrel the Kenyans out of it up the inside. Kenyans odds on to be added to the final as a 9th team

I thought he lost his place and wasn’t paying enough attention to his left side but yeah, they’ll probably get in.

Ireland up now. Needs 4 PB’s to get through and less than 3.27 which looks well beyond them

I think they might get through there if the US get thrown out. Baton exchanged outside the zone

You’d wonder if they get in to the final of Rhasidat will have a change of heart?!

1 Like

USA DQ’ed. Think the girls are into the final. Nearly broke National Record. And Olympics spot likely secured along with a spot at the World Relays championships next year too

10 Likes

We’re in.
Great news.

3 Likes

Sharlene with a few subtle digs there about loving the team and being fully committed to all the relays. She’s run absolute stormers in every relay to be fair to her

1 Like