Athletics Thread

Some win for Arop in the 800m. Every time I see him run I just keep thinking of the big lad in The Green Mile

1 Like

I’d say part of those digs are over her Olympics snub to be honest

9 in the ladies relay final so we’d have qualified even without the US being DQ’ed by the looks of things. Some going. The Irish women have completely outshone the men at the entire championships by a long way

1 Like

Becker and Healy were going faster than her at the time from memory. She’s massively improved since then

That was a terrific duel between Kipyogen and Hassan in the 5,000. The Kenyan reigns supreme.

1 Like

Aye but she was on the team that qualified them at the time

1 Like

Brilliant. How fast was the final lap.

Gaa how in this day and age the competitors are still pinning names and numbers to their tops and stickers to their legs

You’d imagine once you’re out, then you’re out.
She probably had a few beers or a big feed last night. Or both.

Ah of course she is. Sure if she ran then she knew they’d qualify so it’s not like the choice is different now

Watching a 1500 metres in a decathlon is hilarious. It’s the equivalent of seeing lads from the United Churches league play in a World Cup.

2 Likes

It was always the highlight of Daley Thompson’s championships, :grinning:

4x100M relay final up now @TreatyStones

1 Like

Have you ever watched the show jumping part of the Modern Pentahlon? Sweet Jesus.

Will I ever forget it. I recall the leader in the women’s competition going to last place because of a delinquent horse at the last Olympics, and breaking down in tears.

It was great television to be fair.

1 Like

Lyles brings it home in the 4 x 100 relay.

Me man from Britain crying. Fuck off you fucking Fanny

Some abomination baton passes there for the USA

Women’s 4x100M up now @TreatyStones