Athletics Thread

Roisin Flanagan going in the 3000 M final shortly.

1 Like

Channel?

NEVERMIND I FOUND IT MYSELF

BBC two guys

Thanks

Virgin Media 2

World record for Femke Bol.

Commentators eye

2 Likes

Charlene was as well off out of it

1 Like

Femke has a mad high pitched voice.

Femke, although she probably won’t be able to identify as female for much longer. She’s a freak. And then sounds like a giddy 12 year old child. You want to believe she’s that good but it’s just hard to believe

Duly edited. They all seem to love her, unlike Coleman for example

She’s like Phelps. An absolute freak. She could easily win both hurdles and flat if she wanted outdoirs. There’s very little not to like about her either. very open and humble in public. Doesn’t court media attention like Klaver but it just follows her. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her run where I’d say she was absolutely flat to the boards. Even the 4x400m last year in Budapest when she was 10 yards down entering the last 100m you just knew she’d do it.

Like Bolt, it’ll be a disaster if she’s ever failed. They’ll find a way to keep her clean as her image is exactly what they’re looking for. Just a pity she’s Dutch. So fuckin hard to like them.

1 Like

She will have her work cut out winning the hurdles. McLaughlin is some operator too. Both could win the flat too if they chose it. Hopefully they stick to the hurdles

Setting World Records in March rarely translates to a brilliant summer season. She still has Euros in Rome to go before Paris. Tis a long time till the first week in August and a hard thing to sustain. Should be an epic final though all the same

Sarah Lavin up shortly now

What a run - PB

Cruises through winning her heat in a PB of 7.90

National record for the ladies 4x400 finishing 4th. Hopefully be enough for one of the 2 fastest runners up slots

1 Like