Athletics Thread

Some auld European second tier rubby competition doesn’t catch the imagination of the Irish public in the same manner as elite level track and field. One of the greatest sporting moments in Irish history of the last decade and it demoted to the fucking RTÉ player. Nobody is going to remember (no pun intended) which rubby plodder got a concussion or scored a try in some inconsequential rubby blitz.

6 Likes

Do you think they got the rights to the European Athletics Championships for free?

@Bandage’s club mate Mark Smyth through to the 200m semi finals. I missed that one earlier

1 Like

Nice to see after Eric Favors missing out in the shot put & the criticism of Brian Fay last night. Think Sophie Becker will be last of our contingent to make their championship debut tonight in the W400m. A lot of similarities between Becker & myself actually - both very good looking, from Wexford, run with Raheny Shamrock & so on.

6 Likes

Super Sunday :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Rhasidat up now

1 Like

Nicely functional. Mighty stuff

I find Greg tedious. There, I said it

Very very comfortable. Plenty more to come

1 Like

Fine looking bunch of lassies here. Far cry from the days of Jarmila Kratochvilova.

1 Like

Won pulling up. When did we get so good at this athletics craic?

I thought I switched over to Miss World.
Bjaysus

1 Like

Sophie Becker next up beside @balbec’s lass

Will that be enough for her?

Kaczmarek looks knackered in running a slower time than Rhasidat.

Becker ran well but not good enough

1 Like

The end of Sophie’s road

She still had the relay to come

Though Kas looked very comfortable :man_shrugging:

Sharlene vs Klaver in the last semi final

I meant at the end after the race. Was breathing heavily hunched over the ground

Mind games