Athletics Thread

Fair run. Performed at his level, says Robbie. I don’t know Mark Smyth but photography is one of his hobbies & he usually gets a spot around Ballsbridge on Dublin Marathon day & takes shots of all the Raheny folk to be uploaded onto the club’s socials. I would have been forlornly coming through at that stage on each of the last 2 years, yet he photoshopped out my bloody tits/nipples & sent in shots that were as flattering as technologically possible. A mighty sound gesture.

16 Likes

You should have given us that info at 8:45 and it’d have made the race more exciting for us

Medals are grand but he sounds like a fella you’d go to battle with :+1:

1 Like

Certainly a fella who’d take photos of you going to battle

Love the steeplechase

Delta work would clean up in this

Always reminds me of Victor comic and Alf Tupper

2 Likes

I don’t remember Alf running the steeplechase?

Would he wait around long enough to get a photo of you?

1 Like

He used to leap over fences regularly

Camera has a flash .

2 Likes

“Whenever I kind of think of the age that I am and the way I’m performing well, I often think back to what Jerry Kiernan told me back in the day,” the county Down woman told BBC Sport Northern Ireland.

"I missed all of my under-23 career due to injury and then I had a pretty rocky twenties in the sport. There were periods of time when I missed a championship because of injury.

"Jerry always told me that it would stand to me that my running age was younger.

“Thanks to that it’s shunted me a little bit. I thought I was going to peak 27, 28, 29……I’m peaking at 30, 31, 32.”

Let’s do this :medal_sports::2nd_place_medal:

1 Like

Goosebumps

1 Like

C’mon Ciara!

(And Sarah!)

1 Like

Some celebration of Carkie in the Rte studio with the panel .

Crawling around here

Yessssss

She’s done it she’s done it

YES!!

And so much better than she dunted the two British cunts out of it!!!

2 Likes

Sharp elbows :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Reekie is odd!!