Athletics Thread

There wont be a cow milked in Drezdenko tonight

4 Likes

@Mac or anyone else.

Would it be fair to say that the two Brits in the Mageean race deliberately joined together to box Ciara in and hold her back from attacking?

I’d say it’s unlikely. They are both racing to beat the other and in some ways they are more each others rivals than she is.

They are allowed hold inside lane.

Likely tried to force her around them to go wide and thereby run further. I doubt they expected her to be as patient as she was

TFK in a nutshell :joy:

1 Like

I think you are right but they are not doing it in a coordinated way. They are holding inside lane racing each other.

Congratulations @balbec. A great couple of days for you. Thought Adeleke had it coming into the last 100m but the Pole was very strong.

My oldest fella is 6 next month & has been doing junior parkrun for the last 18 months. He loves the aul running, has taken an interest in these championships & was buzzing being allowed to stay up & watch that race. It was a passing of the torch type moment for me there - I remember being allowed to stay up to watch a big Barry McGuigan fight when I was around 6!

11 Likes

Ok what does tapering mean?

1 Like

Oh yeah. Definitely not pre planned. Reekie went off like a train and then deliberately slowed down as she’s a doubtful stayer. They were always going to split at some stage in the home straight and in fairness to Ciara she pounced as soon as there was a sniff of it

1 Like

Where you’d reduce your training down as you build to the final week or two before a big race or event

Easing up in training

Reducing training intensity before a competition.

As an aside, Reekie is a massive hun & would have been sick that Mageean beat her.

6 Likes

Did yer wan Laura Muir giving these championships a miss or what?

Right . So it won’t stand to her then ?

1 Like

No. If you look back I think they were racing each other. The french lass was there too.
I think CM may well share a house with some of the English lasses in Manchester.

Yep she did

1 Like

Yeah she sat them out with an eye on Paris.

1 Like

Sarah Healy does anyway. Trains with Bell.

She’s a shot at an Olympic relay final.