Athletics Thread

There’s a few of them in it. I think it sponsor related.

It is. Sarah and Bell are both Nike athletes.

Congrats mate

Mageean is New Balance & I think the brits she trains with are a tiny bit off her standard. There’s an Izzy Fry & a couple of others whose names I can’t recall (Wexford heroes one & all). The coach Helen (can’t remember her surname either) seems to have done a great job with Mageean since she moved to that set up.

Will adeleke run the 200m in the Olympics as well looking at her PB in that she wouldn’t be far off a final maybe?

Loads of the top Brits, esp the sprinters, have skipped the Euros to concentrate on Paris. Must be concentrating on their marginal gains

Doubt it. Shed be miles of the Jamaicans and Americans. She would have had a right cut off thenEurosn200m final though. She beat her training partner, Dina Asher Smith recently

1 Like

The steeplechase lads are absolutely fucked at the end.

1 Like

There’s not much drugging in UK athletics. Always an odd outlier, you can generally spot them tbh.

Fucking doping is right.

There’s nothing like getting out and proper competing. I know - i ran u12 schools 100m relay

What leg did you run?

3rd

1 Like

No surprise. The most important and technically most difficult leg :rocket:

1 Like

Said on RTÉ just now the Team GB trials are on in 10 days

The winning time by Kaczmarek is the third fastest ever time run by a European. Considering the ones ahead of her were by a drugged up East German in the 80s it just shows how good the race was

5 Likes

Greg had a nightmare there. The Swiss lad was leading over the last 70m and he was calling Tortu in the lead

3 Likes

Greg Allen as bad there as he was good on Friday night.

Calling the Italian home from around 50m out despite the Swiss lad having a nice lead & then going on as if he came out of nowhere to win it.

1 Like

You beat me to the punch.

1 Like

Broke Polish record that dates from 1976 according to Rob.

1 Like

It was like George Hamilton calling Thomas Barr in the lead turning for home in Rio in 2016 and he in at least 5th or 6th place