Athletics Thread

That size of a gap from the start wouldn’t have been a problem for him in his prime.

Shame Bolt didn’t end his career on a high, but fuck it his legacy is untouched. I find the whole morality tale around drugs quite boring, Gatlin is in under the rules as they are, nobody really knows what the fuck is going on anyway with drug use. The booing is childish. But the reaction against that is equally as boring. Bolt has been such a great champ, and such a great personality that I find it ludicrous that anyone could not want him to win.

2 Likes

Is Bolt running in the 200m too?

No, he’s running the relay though

No

Bolt has 9 of the 30 fastest times I think. The guys holding the other 21 were all drug cheats. I think people know exactly what was going on.

Did the BBC wait til after the stadium emptied to interview Gatlin?

Maybe he’s just a freak.Look at the size of the cunt,his strides are massive.It’d be sad if it turned out he was juicing.

I’d say he went straight off track himself afterwards

He shouldn’t have, he should have basked in the hatred

2 Likes

His progress and the analysis of his biomechanics do support that he may be clean.
He never had huge jumps in oace or anything.

His ground forces are unbelievable, along with that stride

1 Like

It would be great if he was.

A wonderful victory for the ageless Justin Gatlin.

The 2004 Olympic champion showed that class is permanent.

1 Like

No shit Sherlock!

Age and injuries caught up on Bolt. He was never a great starter but incredibly slow out of blocks now. The freakish speed gone too and he always got by without much of a technique. Gatlin a technically superb sprinter.

1 Like

Ya. Of course we’d be fools to pin ourselves to either side and if i had a gun to my head i would err on side of doping.

But that maybe because of recent viewings and research, or i’m a cynical cunt by nature

1 Like

Hang around long enough and someone will beat you. You have to say it was genius by Gatlin to take two breaks from sprinting to prolong his career.

The unsporting crowd sent home with their isotonic drink in a mug. Delighted.

1 Like

Maybe if you had a kid of your own with dyspraxia you might buy it.
My son was diagnosed with it, I didn’t go chasing a diagnosis, nor did I wish to label him. The one thing one thing we were adamant about is that he wouldn’t be labelled.

2 Likes

Ya i have heard a few say similar.
However going by how they diagnose it i know i would have had it. And many others i know as well, had it been around.

Of course there are different levels of everything, but it is way way over diagnised in Western society. As i said last week, this lads auld lad now believes it simply was down to exercise, confidence etc that was kinda over looked when young, possibly along with poor/lazy/over wirked teachers.

Every case is different.

I have very strong questions over the validity of it as a condition based on the amount of it i see and what is actually going on once you spebd time with them.

One of the main reasons I felt there was something was as a result of playing sport, coordination wasn’t coming to him, other things like tying a shoelace or buttering a slice of bread caused him massive problems. Handwriting as well, the hours we spent standing over him trying to get him to do his sentences when it turned out he was in the bottom 3% for handwriting. I’d be sceptical of alot of these conditions and am sad that he gave up on sports eventually, I can see the benefits that training would bring to him and will need to get him doing something again ( no strength whatsoever in the arms).

3 Likes