Athletics Thread

The bend on lane 1 is too big so they run lanes 2-9 @Matty_Hislop

I was looking at the 100 metres race though Fagan.

There is a bend in that too would you believe.

Every day is school day on TFK :+1:

Tori Bowie can across a decent sort in interview on BBC just now

Adam Ksczczot? He got silver in 2015.

Fastest times ever. Dopers names crossed out. Not a hope he was clean. The concept doesn’t exist in high level sprinting.

3 Likes

Bolt is clean

I agree.

1 Like

Bolt is as big a cheat as Armstrong. The difference is he’s not a cunt.

2 Likes

This is probably the sad truth if it.

In a way i’m happy they are all at it. We should just go back to all the old records and give Ben johnson his Gold Medal back.*

*There is absolutely no doubt he was targeted to take heat off others. His coach, the late great Charlie Francis, is convinced he was simply blacker than some of the other lads and Lewis was the poster boy.

3 Likes

Thomas (9) Barr out of semi tonight with a dodgy tummy.

1 Like

Johnson admitted he doped. Said though he tested positive for a drug he didn’t do. They hid the other positives in 1988 as would have destroyed athletics if revealed. Lewis failed tests at Olympic trials that year.

Bit of a disaster for him.

Thats a shame.

Christ. When lads who don’t have a clue say shit like this it’s annoying enough but you’re supposed to have a job in sport. The lads who’s best when they’re all at it isn’t necessarily going to be the best when none of them are it. People react differently to PED’s. You can’t just let them all at it and still find the fastest man

2 Likes

They don’t have the will or the money to actually beat it. I have heard that directly from an elite sprint coach.

I have very little time for pro sport. I could probably have worked in it if i really wanted to. Its full of dickheads and its over rated in many ways anyway if you are not at the elite elite level

Gatland was savagely blackguared by the crowd

He shouldn’t have gotten the Loins job

2 Likes

Lions were blackguarded in leaving an eminently winnable series behind them in New Zealand by not having a better coaching team.