Athletics Thread

They are daycent at Kabaddi.

Hers is particularly odd.

Interesting to se the BBC lads discuss the Salazar ban. They didn’t exactly go full Jerry Kieran. Radcliffe and Denise Lewis were very equivocal.

Tattoo

Nike’s relationship with Salazar was such that he got a swoosh tattoo. Sycophantic behaviour that remind me of advertisements for Lance back in the day.

1 Like

Serious questions over Sir Mo Pharmaceuticals now, it would not surprise if he’ll be Somalia’s Mo Farah in the future

3 Likes

Raula padcliffe back on the BBC would sicken your hole.

3 Likes

So much to be said on this.

Whenever Michelle Smith threatened to sue RTE and forced them during the Atlanta Olympics to go along with her bullshit, even when they knew it was wrong, that was obviously a very sad moment in RTE’s history but RTE genuinely had a gun being held to their heads.

The BBC have voluntarily hired Paula Radcliffe as a special “drugs and cheating analyst” or some such bullshit who comes in every so often just to comment on various PED controversies that pop up. The BBC are some of the biggest cunts worldwide of the past 100 years. (As an aside, look at their coverage of Northern Ireland back in the 60s and 70s).

If Radcliffe keeps on working her way into positions of power in drug enforcement I can imagine British athletics ending up worse than the Russians. I’m sorry lads, athletics is fucking dead. Every sport that’s based on pure athleticism (eg cycling) is dead.

I wasn’t aware of Lewis’s history until you posted that. I’m disappointed, I thought she might be legit just because she’s black. Here’s an article I found by Michael Johnson in 2003. Check out the first paragraph:-

You have to wonder [what’s going on inside Denise Lewis’s head. I’m afraid that whatever it is, it seems to be contagious. First, Tim Montgomery had it, then Marion Jones caught it, and now Denise has it. All three of these prominent, high-profile athletes have hired coaches with confirmed and admitted involvement with steroids.

1 Like

Mo was an unremarkable athlete until age 26 then boom…

the greats have been great all their lives.

Usain bolt
Michael Johnson

1 Like

Con O’Callaghan

that’s the porridge.

Personally I didnt like the shade thrown on con this year as he’s only 23, any mand can bulk up form the age of 20 onward even look at the difference in Christian McCaffrey in the NFL

it must have been his improved diet and high altitude training

1 Like

Lads in late teens early twenties who do any sort of properly supervised progressive overload training and look after nutrition will always put on muscle.

3 Likes

The April 2019 photo reminds me of your Carl Froch days when you did a bit of lifting.

Dee na ass Lee Smith has a lovely style of running :running_man:

In fairness nobody is watching

4 Likes

Some fine specimens of women up now, the sort of woman that @The_Dunph would have pulled the stomach out of himself watching. The shot putt is a hell of a thing.

Great run from Mageean to make the final.

6 Likes

All the white duds who are no good at individual events in the heptathlon here

The majority in this race aren’t white

KJT has a ridiculous name but always seemed a decent sort and tryer. She’s running up a big score here though…