Athletics Thread

BBC 2 coverage abruptly interrupted just as the ladies were going to the blocks for the start of the 400m hurdles final for live coverage of Crusaders v Linfield from Seaview.

When is Ciara mcgeehan running

Channel 347 if you’re watching on sky

1 Like

Think final is tomorrow evening

Great achievement by Ciara Mageen to make a final
I’m sure Ciara will acknowledge the input of her previous mentor, the great Coach Kiernan in making the final.

3 Likes

I have Eir. What is that channel called?

IAAF ave a live stream. I had bbc taped so just got to the bit where the ladies 400m hurdles was bumped of for NI soccer.

I’m just seeing now that Dalilah Muhammed set a new World Record of 52.16 in the 400m hurdles as BBC Northern Ireland broke off its coverage just as the race was about to get under way for the big match build up at Seaview. This springs to mind.

2 Likes

She was in Crues control

1 Like

I have a pal who moves in exalted circles who tells me that out of every world leader, mover and shaker he has ever met, seb coe is the biggest cunt by a distance.

4 Likes

The lady in second nearly picked her off at the end

1500 metres?

9 Likes

At least

1 Like

Of course you do.

A recruitment agent .

Is there a People Flatty Knows thread?

1 Like

He’s a pal of my brothers really, but I’ve met him a good few times. Anyhow he said out of everyone he ever met, and he’s met plenty, that coe is the most arrogant prick he ever encountered.

Not athletics, but still, what t f do lads be thinking?

That was some display of front running from Cheruiyot in the final of the 1,500. Destroyed the field in a blistering 3.29.26. Makhkoufi 2nd, Lewandowski 3rd. No medal for Jakob Ingerbrigsten, beaten into 4th.

Good mens 10,000 brewing up here. Big crowd in tonight. Stadium looks close to full.

1 Like

Here’s the bell. Its between a Kenyan, an Ethipiopian and a Ugandan.