Athletics Thread

Cheptegai wins for Uganda in 26.48.37. What a finish. There’s a huge Ugandan support in the stadium and they’re going nuts.

1 Like

My pal who was fastest galway bay swimmer every time we did it did a 2.56 marathon today in Chester. Some effort that.

2 Likes

What age?

29 I think.

used to love track and field but all the top athletes are on drugs now, so let them take whatever they like cos no one cares anymore

(I’m beginning to think it will be/is in all sports now)

a potential seminal moment this weekend, up there with man landing on the moon and the 4 minute mile if successful, Eluid Kipchoge is attempting the sub 2 hour marathon in Vienna albeit with the best possible conditions and pacers, it will be a breakthrough of mega proportions

2 Likes

For the pharmaceutical industry.

Was watching highlights of last night’s NFL game and this popped up as a suggested video. I vividly remember his 200m win and couldn’t understand how any athlete could win by that much at that level. Frankie Frederick’s even broke the old world record in 2nd but was absolutely thumped. His records may have been beaten since but I still class him as superior to Bolt over 200m.

2 Likes

More to do with the footwear than pharmaceuticals

Johnson had a very strict diet and took good care of himself

3 Likes

And he still had a stroke

:joy: :joy: :joy:

I trained alongside Michael once at Baylor, he couldn’t get over my rigid running style. He copied me one day at a meet and the rest is history. A very nice young black man.

5 Likes

He was different class.

Himself and Bolt (for different reasons) did not fall i to the mould of how sprinters should run or look.

The gold spikes are iconic.

The fucking commentators :rollseyes:

Why dont you just shut your stupid mouth?

The commentator was fucking crying :grinning:

Aussies are stupid cunts.

I’m crying now watching it

They are like lads commentating on the showjumping in the RDS.