Athletics Thread

Great achievement, but as always, outdoors is where you’ll be judged in this game.

Ireland has a proud unparalleled history of indoor running stretching back to the Chairman (of the Boards).

1 Like

My point exactly.

Paddy is not build for the sunny weather

McGuigan fighting in the sun in Las Vegas was the proof of that pudding.

1 Like

Steve Staunton in Orlando

1 Like

The first time I ever saw a human start to physically melt.

2 Likes

Jack did all he could for him

Willis reckons the new spike technology, which is powered by a superlight and highly responsive Pebax material, is worth between one to three seconds a mile, depending whether or not someone is a “high responder”. Another Olympian I spoke to, who wanted to remain anonymous, put the advantage at two to four seconds. Either way, it amounts to a change as seismic as when cinder tracks became synthetic.

The genie is not only out of the bottle, it is granting wishes at a record rate. The men’s 5,000m and 10,000m world records? Both toppled in recent months, along with the women’s 5,000m.

Would out of season testing have continued over the last 10 months.

1 Like

Can we lobby to get a 4 x 800m relay into the Olympics?

Are they making any football boots yet? I could do with a boost

An indoor 4x800m relay

With no black people allowed.

Run in a shed in Nenagh in the middle of winter

3 Likes

Lowry will be all over this.

We need to get an international version of “Ireland’s fittest family” in the Olympics first

Superstars in the 1980s pitted athletes of the caliber of double Olympic goal medal winner Ed Moses who won 122 consecutive 400m hurdles races against multiple All Star and AI winner Pat Spillane.

Pat struggled but we hung on thinking the penalties would suit him. They didn’t.

We’d be bate to death, there’s Kenyan families run up hills like that on their way to get a glass of water