Auld lads whinging about having a few pints

That’s the job. A friend said God Alone were very good. Haven’t been to a Siege in a good while.

2 Likes

1 Like

https://twitter.com/IrishTimes/status/1719980223549084153?t=dPI6742ODjOwQwwQF-a1sg&s=19

You only had to watch the ads for it to know it was pure shite

1 Like

Don’t they know that stout is a winter drink for many?
Seems a strange time to pull the plug.

Never drank it. Never saw a tap. Too much choice in the supermarkets.

At Festivals where Heineken had the monopoly it was everywhere, naturally.

It was shit.

It was awful. Heineken have a monopoly at three arena and some concerts so that stuff, Heineken and heineken zero the only beer options. I think it was a pretty stupid idea to create a new insipid tasting stout and try market it at young people, the name and everything about it was shite. They’d have been better off trying to promote Beamish or Murphy’s.

1 Like

I was in a pub a while back and Ireland’s Edge was being promoted.

Some young fella comes along to us, a few pints in, offering us Ireland’s Edge. ‘No thanks’ says I. ‘But it’s free’ says he.

In my head I was thinking what a fucking clown - does he not know that introducing a strange drink into a session is a no no whether it is free or not.

But to his face I said ‘No really - I am ok thanks’

Remember when Guinness cold came in! The auld lads went buckape!
Is Ireland’s Edge the one with the wankers going camping and then talking all about it back in the big smoke over a pint?

I don’t know.

Did you ever get a taste of the one pour Guinness? Did a night on that once as part of a promotional shindig. We flaked into it into the wee small hours.

The next day was not good.

Not good.

Not good. At all.

Don’t think I ever had it. I’d be lightweight enough with the booze these days, so would be flagging after 4 or 5 pints of stout.

Twas the same in the bord gas too. Jokes on them they made a balls of my order and gave me my pre show order plus the interval order together at the interval. Never drank 3 pints of shit so fast

https://x.com/pintsdrank/status/1731322172184879511?s=46

8 Likes

A pint of plain

A lovely pint waiting for the bus home.

Outside in the flowing tide?

Pipers Corner. My favorite pub on that drag. There was a big Gaeilge pub quiz on when I was there

5 Likes