Auld lads whinging about having a few pints

Lads were earning the same as now during the boom years and drink was half the price.

If the reduction in number of alcohol related deaths offsets the number he caused during Covid, Dr Doomā€™s legacy will be an improved one

Just isnā€™t cheap is it.

Iā€™d say people travel more too on weekends abroad and that sort of thing.

A lot of younger people emigrated too.

The barbell has replaced the bar.

1 Like

Younger people are ridiculously materialistic now too to a degree i donā€™t think us cunts wereā€¦ Everything is labels - clothes, headphones, tackies, Phones yada yada yada. Go into a gym now and itā€™s a fashion paradeā€¦ Lads getting waxed, tanned, eyebrows done :smile:ā€¦ But online creates a constant pull on them that we didnā€™t really have.
Most younger people spend a lot on food too Iā€™d sayā€¦ From deli and fast food outlets every day.

We were hairy and wore knockoffs and ate kebabs only after 10 pints

8 Likes

And coffee. If i bought a takeaway coffee when i was 16 i would have been called a queer. In fact if i wore a bright coloured shirt Iā€™d have been called a queer too. It was a pretty primitive stuff when you look back on it.

8 Likes

Youā€™re still a queer

11 Likes

The young lads are gone mad on sunbeds now too FFS.I seen a young fella there at the weekend I hadnā€™t seen in a bout a year and he looks like a fuckin mexican, flat out on the sunbeds his mother told me.

How do you know Emlyn Mulliganā€™s mother?

6 Likes

16 Likes

Steamer

4 Likes

Salmon leap?

1 Like

Yes

That was a fine pint of ale Iā€™d say

2 Likes

The gym will be a slog today. A right slog

1 Like

Iā€™d say the crop-dusting will be off the charts cc @cowpat

Pity, just 1 short for a 5 aside

1 Like

On a warm day the arse crack sweat lubricates the arse so the shit slides out stealth like , nice and easy

Youā€™re a fan of soupy pants? :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

It was a shlog all right

2 Likes