Australia - Sycophantic Colonial Outpost

AnAl will ruin the country. Iā€™m considering cashing out and buying a B&B in Galway.

Youā€™ll be out of cash doing that.

Looks like scomo is gone

What are you talking about? The liberals have already ruined the country. Albo has to fix their shit now.

1 Like

Murdoch will exact a swift and brutal revenge for this outrage.

will the greens be needed?

Dunno yet, but theyā€™re having a good night and Labor will hve to work with them.
Generally the election campaigns of all the parties were frankly pathetic. But I was massively impressed by the Greens. Adam Bandt wa brilliant throughout the campaign, but the media just didnā€™t want to know.
Whic is isnā€™t surprising. All the major commercial channels have hosted liberal party fundraisers recently. The ABC have been so slaughtered by the Liberals that theyā€™re scared shitless to have the Greens on.
I am considering joining the Greens and actually getting involved. I think theyā€™re a great party and their policy platform is brilliant.

2 Likes

The main Greens policy was dental care to be included in Medicare. It would cost $8 billion per annum.
They costedbit by taking out the public subsidisation of coal mining. Every job in coal mining here is subsidised by about $100 k a year.
Coal companies that donā€™t pay any tax.
Coal owns this country.
I just spent $22k on implants on my teeth, badly needed and now Iā€™m set up for life.
But I can afford it.
The wife of one of my O35ā€™s team mates canā€™t.
What do I get from the Liberals? Weā€™ll give you
a tax cut.
I donā€™t want a fucking tax cut. I donā€™t want a poxy $5 a week extra.
I want you to fix Sueā€™s teeth, so this wonderful woman doesnā€™t have to spend her life in pain.
I donā€™t think this is a difficult equation.

1 Like

#SmileForSue

Itā€™s not funny. This woman like many millions is living in pain every day. She canā€™t afford the dental work she needs.
Itā€™s utterly ludicrous that this country is spending $90 billion on some poxy ridiculous, outdated submarines while people spend their lives in agony.

1 Like

As someone who has spent large parts of their lives with serious dental problems (as a result of going over the handlebars of a bike and landing on my face at 40kms when I was 17) I take this very seriously.
I know a lot of people here with massive dental problems they canā€™t afford to sort out. Iā€™d imagine itā€™s the same in Ireland.
You can take the piss out of it all you want. You have no idea how depressing it is if you do though.

2 Likes

Greens kicking ass in oz too

Our leader refused to stand in front of the oz flag

2 Likes

How are you getting on mate ?

Catch up on your return where we can discuss the hypocrisy of you lecturing us on all things ā€˜Greenā€™ yet fly to the other side of the world.

And please donā€™t use carbon offsetting as a get out of jail card.

1 Like

Heā€™s some piece of work.

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy has reduced his carbon footprint plenty and Iā€™m delighted an environmental leader like him is visiting to teach knuckle dragging climate sceptic aussies how to change.
What makes you so judgemental?

1 Like

Eh, a returning emigrant is an essential jourrney mate so all those carbon credits i have stored up from the tree planting dont need to be used on this trip

I think my 30 plus whatsapp messages a day about cycling irk him

2 Likes

He is tbf.

Out there driving a tough unpalatable agenda.

Yep he does plenty of driving alright

3 Likes

Sad to hear you surrendered your Irish passport