Australia - Sycophantic Colonial Outpost

Oola is in County Limerick, pal.

Does bandage still believe in the tooth fairy?

A mother spoke of her shock after her estranged husband killed their 11-year-old son at cricket practice before being shot dead by police in front of horrified onlookers in suburban Australia.

Luke Batty was beaten, reportedly with a cricket bat to the head, soon after training with his junior team on Wednesday evening at the Tyabb oval on the Mornington Peninsula, 100km south-east of Melbourne.
He suffered significant injuries and died at the scene. Reports said he was also stabbed, although this could not be confirmed.
Police said they arrived to find the father Greg, 54, armed with a knife. When capsicum, or pepper spray failed to subdue him, he was shot once in the chest. The man was airlifted to hospital but later died.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/father-beats-11-year-old-son-to-death-with-cricket-bat-258756.html

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 903109, member: 2272”]A mother spoke of her shock after her estranged husband killed their 11-year-old son at cricket practice before being shot dead by police in front of horrified onlookers in suburban Australia.

Luke Batty was beaten, reportedly with a cricket bat to the head, soon after training with his junior team on Wednesday evening at the Tyabb oval on the Mornington Peninsula, 100km south-east of Melbourne.
He suffered significant injuries and died at the scene. Reports said he was also stabbed, although this could not be confirmed.
Police said they arrived to find the father Greg, 54, armed with a knife. When capsicum, or pepper spray failed to subdue him, he was shot once in the chest. The man was airlifted to hospital but later died.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/world/father-beats-11-year-old-son-to-death-with-cricket-bat-258756.html[/quote]

Luke Batty :smiley:

The fact they call peppers “capsicums” says it all, really.

It’s very obvious now that “The Intervention” by the Howard giverent was nothing more than a land grab and 99% of the stories about abuse and paedophilia were completely untrue.

They coincidently have found uranium and precious metals in the ground of this land now. Unbelievable.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 903141, member: 273”]It’s very obvious now that “The Intervention” by the Howard giverent was nothing more than a land grab and 99% of the stories about abuse and paedophilia were completely untrue.

They coincidently have found uranium and precious metals in the ground of this land now. Unbelievable.[/quote]
hadn’t heard about that before - amazing

It was all really driven by one tv program documentary by ABC(or the acceptance of it as being fact was, it was driven by the mining companies and they political “mates”).
They planted a government official as a “youth worker” and he claimed there was rape etc on a grand scale. It turns out this guy had hardly ever been there. In top of that the images they used of petrol sniffing and other issues were taking from another town, not the one the ARMY (yes the ARMY) invaded to take the land and clear out the “paedo’s”.

You’ll find a lot of it outlined in John Pilgers “Utopia” documentary. It pointed me towards many more articles and investigation. As brilliantly put in the Doc, Western Australia outstripped South Africa for apartheid and racism, WA is an apartheid state and that is statistically undeniable. The only difference is the WA government stopped short of putting up the “Whites Only” signs. And that’s the truth of it.

I’m going to meet this guy soon
http://www.dumbartungaboriginalcorporation.org/staff_profiles.html

I’m angry, I need to leave this place.

An 11 boy is dead and you think its funny?

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 903141, member: 273”]It’s very obvious now that “The Intervention” by the Howard giverent was nothing more than a land grab and 99% of the stories about abuse and paedophilia were completely untrue.

They coincidently have found uranium and precious metals in the ground of this land now. Unbelievable.[/quote]
Kev, I have no doubt that Howard was lying about his own motivations behind the intervention and it was little more than window dressing that has achieved absolutely fuck all. But where are you getting these assertions that there was no child abuse happening?

Firstly I did not say there was none. There are stats quoted in the documentary and I read them again afterwards that are federal statistics that show the claims to be completely untrue. In fact, the %'s of the offences fell below national averages in most areas. Watch the documentary. It’s unbelievable what stumbling fools Pilger makes of the politicians when he confronts them.

I realise there is always a danger of taking too much from one side and things are never black and white (sarcastic, ironic pun intended) but I have huge faith in Pilger and his journalism. It’s very rare he is properly challenged (because they can’t) and he does intrinsic investigation. One of my favorite things about his documentaries is when he monotones into “so-and-so, declined to comment”. It’s invariably after he’s made so-and-so look like Hitler. I may be proved wrong yet, but it seems he is beyond reproach.

My 2nd favorite Australian.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 904599, member: 273”]Firstly I did not say there was none. There are stats quoted in the documentary and I read them again afterwards that are federal statistics that show the claims to be completely untrue. In fact, the %'s of the offences fell below national averages in most areas. Watch the documentary. It’s unbelievable what stumbling fools Pilger makes of the politicians when he confronts them.

I realise there is always a danger of taking too much from one side and things are never black and white (sarcastic, ironic pun intended) but I have huge faith in Pilger and his journalism. It’s very rare he is properly challenged (because they can’t) and he does intrinsic investigation. One of my favorite things about his documentaries is when he monotones into “so-and-so, declined to comment”. It’s invariably after he’s made so-and-so look like Hitler. I may be proved wrong yet, but it seems he is beyond reproach.

My 2nd favorite Australian.[/quote]
I may not have been clear in my question - where are you getting all this stuff about th ABC Doco (and I assume its Four Corners and Lateline on the Suffer The Little Children Report) because I haven’t read or seen anything that counters the investigative reporting by the ABC on the subject. I’m just interested in specifically what was wrong with the ABC reporting. You seem to be alleging that the ABC were being used, or were conciously involved in wrongful reporting on behalf of the Howard government and mining interests, which I would find extremely hard to believe.

I’ve read enough Pilger to know what he’s saying and by and large I agree with him, but find him hysterical at times. He doesn’t really offer any solutions, he just seems to engage in right wing bashing, not of itself a problem for me, but not very constructive.

Who’s your favourite Australian?
Adam Goodes for me, followed by Peter Cundall.

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 904603, member: 236”]I may not have been clear in my question - where are you getting all this stuff about th ABC Doco (and I assume its Four Corners and Lateline on the Suffer The Little Children Report) because I haven’t read or seen anything that counters the investigative reporting by the ABC on the subject. I’m just interested in specifically what was wrong with the ABC reporting. You seem to be alleging that the ABC were being used, or were conciously involved in wrongful reporting on behalf of the Howard government and mining interests, which I would find extremely hard to believe.

I’ve read enough Pilger to know what he’s saying and by and large I agree with him, but find him hysterical at times. He doesn’t really offer any solutions, he just seems to engage in right wing bashing, not of itself a problem for me, but not very constructive.[/quote]
Fitzy they planted a “youth worker” in the night line show, he was not a youth worker, he worked for the government. They since admitted as much. This guy talked about wholesale abuse, yet had no proof. I explained all this a number of posts back.

When I say he worked for the government, he actually worke in Canberra.

[quote=“Fitzy, post: 904604, member: 236”]Who’s your favourite Australian?
Adam Goodes for me, followed by Peter Cundall.[/quote]
Goodes would be up there. My better half is no. 1 though.

@Mac goes drinking with a fella who actually killed a child down in east cork

I believe you’re friends with an alleged rapist.

@Fitzy - I don’t get why you would believe ABC are some bastion of the truth?

you believe a lot of things