Australian Open Tennis

[quote=“ClarkeyCat”]
I am now head over heels in love with Jelena Dokic. I’d like that put on TFK record.[/quote]

Is she still on the go?

Massive mammaries from what I recall.

Andy Roddick is a legend

Can’t believe Roddick beat Djokovic - it confirms that I know fook all about tennis though.

Always thought he was under-rated and was just unlucky to be playing at a time when 2 class players like Federer and Nadal were playing as he always seemed to come up against one of them.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Is she still on the go?

Massive mammaries from what I recall.[/quote]

Yes, by the looks of it

http://vietbao.vn/images/viet1/the-thao/10803488-jelenat.jpg

Well if you want to win tournaments you are going to have to beat the best players, chances are you can’t avoid both of them!

Really??

He’s underachieved. Over the past couple of years he hasn’t been continuously knocked out by the top 2. He doesn’t have a great record against them, but he hasn’t reached them in his quarter nearly as much as he should have.

Djokovic played until 2:30am the other night because the lovely Jelena’s match ran late and then had to play in 33 degree heat against Roddick. Properly rested I’m sure the result could have been different.

One thing about the Aussie Open, the heat seems to be a huge factor every year. Melbourne is facing its hottest summer since 1908 this year. And when I was at the event 4 years ago it was difficult enough just to sit in the stands and watch it was so hot. Must be savage on the players.

Interesting. Would love to go over and watch a bit of it, but other than the tennis the country holds no attraction to me so I don’t think I will be going over anytime soon.

The birds are sublime also. Are they worth flying across the world for? Yes, probably.
Tickets for the tennis are cheap too and easy to get so you can see a whole heap of it. I imagine it’s a better atmosphere than Wimbledon or the French Open too.

Roddick is shite. Hell of a serve but hit it either side of him and the lad won’t bother running for it.

Roddick might be the worst tennis player to ever grace a quarter final, but he’s one of the most honest and modest sportsmen I’ve ever seen. His post match interviews after being slaughtered by Federer or whoever are well worth the watch. He’s a good bloke. He’ll be shat on in the next round of course.

Melbourne is ficked with the weather for the next week, it’ll hit 40 degrees every day, which means about 50 degrees on the court.

Anyway, bollocks to all that, where the fucks Maria Sharapova?

[quote=“Fitzy”]Roddick might be the worst tennis player to ever grace a quarter final, but he’s one of the most honest and modest sportsmen I’ve ever seen. His post match interviews after being slaughtered by Federer or whoever are well worth the watch. He’s a good bloke. He’ll be shat on in the next round of course.

Melbourne is ficked with the weather for the next week, it’ll hit 40 degrees every day, which means about 50 degrees on the court.

Anyway, bollocks to all that, where the fucks Maria Sharapova?[/quote]

At what temperature do they have to stop play Fitzy?

Haven’t a clue, but its going to be rididculously hot in Melbourne and most of Australia this week. I can see many more players not finishing games. Federer had a go at Djokovic yesterday for being a big baby, dangerous, Roger isn’t exactly from a tropical country, he could be setting himself up for a fall.

he was too busy bangin mandy moore

I would like to reiterate.

Safina is a beast. What a shite serve too.

Serina versus Safina in the women’s final.

Federer has just disposed of Roddick in straight sets - Nadal/Verdasco are still to play.

logged on at 9 this morning to check early score on nadal and verdasco. checked again a couple of minutes ago to get the result and its still fecking on.

anyone watching this ?

Poor ol Roddick, he put up one brave fight last night, but Fed owns his ass. I like Roddick, but the poor fella just isnt good enough. It happens.

Safina is a beast btw.