Australian Rules Football 2018

Season just started with a remarkable first quarter between the reigning premiers Richmond and tge Carlton Football Club. It’s 37-28 to Carlton (!), having been at one point 30-1 (!).

Hopefully @gman will be along shortly to profer his always excellent pre-season summary. I’m sure he’s excited about the return of Nic Nat.

We should start the tipping comp again boys.
Go the Swans.

1 Like

yeah I’ll have a look at some stage, but not sure I’ll get a chance. been flat out the last couple of weeks. Nic Nat back is a huge boost for the Eagles, but their midfield is a major problem. JK missing the first few rounds wont help either.

The Kurt Tippet debacle was some shambles of a set up from day one. Probably one of the worst big name trade that ever happened.

Buckley still in charge :rollseyes:

We need Elliot fit ----- But Cox staying was a massive boost… Defence is average enough.

Might just scrape play-offs but wouldnt be surprised to miss out either.

A meh year ahead I suspect.

Final 8 - whatever you want to call it…fuck off Fitzy.

The finals mate, the finals.

1 Like

I knew … I just knew…

1 Like

Here @Fitzy, a prediction that I read this morning, sums it up better than I ever could

2018 LADDER PREDICSHON, B&F, COLEMEN & BROWNLOW WINNERS: i think will be a tight race between 5th and 11.1 with any of those steaking a claim for a top 8 finnish but i think colliflower will be the team that painfully misses out this yr. thinking the colemen comes down to whoever can kick the most goals and i think dardy mcrafty is the man for that. denial fierce has rly impressed me this off seson i can see him taking out the brownlow but has to watch out that cam slutcliffe or tommy sherrington dont steal to many votes

90000 at this match.

Puts sydney to shame. A great sporting city Melbourne

1 Like

What. A. Game.

@Fitzy How are my beloved bombers shaping up

Just tell us who is going to win it all, that’s all we ask.

Geelong. Beating GWS.

1 Like

I predict GWS are going to fall away badly this season. Tigers or Geelong for mine.

Mon Zachary.

The Australian Football League returns this weekend and a Laois man is poised to become a record holder.

Geelong defender Zach Tuohy’s run of 115 straight matches will become the longest streak currently in the competition when his side faces Melbourne.

Tuohy has been named to start the game and the record will be his should he do so on Sunday.

Yeah Sam Gibson was a late withdrawal for Adelaide today so his 130 game streak ended and Zach takes the lead now.

Some achievement. Hard to believe he turned into the player he did from the underage flash player he was.

Yeah it just shows you can’t really judge how a player from here will go in AFL. Tommy Walsh looked ideal, but was shite. In that laois Derry semi final you had Tuohy, but also McKaigue and Kielt from Derry and Meredith and Kingston from laois. Zach would not be the one you’d expect to have made it from those players.

Not even remotely, he showed a determination I didn’t see.

I see that boy from Tyrone is doing the county proud down under…can take the boy out of Tyrone