Aviation Disasters

So Minister with Responsibility for something isn’t actually a Minister. What a great little country all the same.

Serious question, with the other one crashed are we short of helicopters to cover rescues? I can’t imagine we’ve spares

We do actually, there was a spare Sikorsky S92 based at Shannon I think which was deployed if one of the regular ones were in for maintenance etc. This “spare” is now based at Dublin airport in place of R116, no idea if there are plans to get another spare though, although the way these things are falling out of the sky lately it mightn’t be a bad idea to order on a couple more.

1 Like

idiot

1 Like

That’s harsh on Paul. He means well

Would he be a harmless auld devil ?

Another helicopter missing, private this time. Last known whereabouts over the Irish Sea.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/five-businessmen-on-board-helicopter-bound-for-dublin-missing-over-irish-sea-35577263.html

A good man to sort out local issues

Five businessmen, ah that’s grand so.

2 Likes

Well that narrows it down so, it’s a wonder it’s taking so long to find it :thinking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge6SxKPK0s8

they found them, all dead

When the fuck are we ever going to go to war? This constant thing people have with how shit the Irish defence forces are and how in a war we’d get the shite kicked out of us. Of course we would, but we’re not planning on any war soon are we? Maybe if we were planning on illegally invading a middle eastern country and killing hundreds of thousands of their civilians them yes we’d need a substantial army and can forget about silly things like roads, hospitals and schools.
This shite has always annoyed me. I’m glad Ireland doesn’t spend ridiculous amounts on defence, we more than pull our weight in the UN.

1 Like

Z[quote=“Fitzy, post:738, topic:18746, full:true”]
When the fuck are we ever going to go to war? This constant thing people have with how shit the Irish defence forces are and how in a war we’d get the shite kicked out of us. Of course we would, but we’re not planning on any war soon are we? Maybe if we were planning on illegally invading a middle eastern country and killing hundreds of thousands of their civilians them yes we’d need a substantial army and can forget about silly things like roads, hospitals and schools.
This shite has always annoyed me. I’m glad Ireland doesn’t spend ridiculous amounts on defence, we more than pull our weight in the UN.
[/quote]

When I was in the Reserve Navy we went through detailed exercises planning our role in the defence of Waterford Harbour. In those days it was assumed that our foe would be the Russians.

The fucking Russians knew if they cut off our crystal and blaa supplies we’d be out of the war by tea time

3 Likes

the Oirish government are mad for the ERF you twat

Step 1. Put large gun in place at Duncannon Fort.
Step 2. Blow the shit of out everything in site.
Step 3. Eat some strawberries (if in season).

Our mission was to protect the power plant at Little Island for as long as possible. We were to launch a boat at Cheekpoint and armed with our Lee Enfield rifles we were to engage the Russian destroyers for as long as possible in the hope that reinforcements might arrive before they knocked the plant out of commission

5 Likes

The Russians would have been taken by surprise with that tactic their submarines would struggle to get a lock on yer currachs

Probably would have been better if you protected the power station at Great Island.