Aviation Disasters

want to try that again, this time in english?

It’s Ireland mate, that’s why. Plenty of people will come out of this looking very badly when the report is published, after being heavily amended a number of times to reduce the potential damage to suit all involved. The findings had been shared and changes implemented shortly after the initial investigation

CHC would be a much more palatable scapegoat for the Dept or the IAA at the same time

and rightly so, there’s 2 families thatll never get their bodies back because the CHC equipment didnt do what it was supposed to do

My aviation sector mate reckons most likely the IAA is implicated in the report. It’s responsible for commercial activity and safety oversight, two functions which should be split to separate bodies.

1 Like

You can’t countenance the alternative? Unblinking defender of the establishment is a good look

they probably are, but theyve actually drawn a lot more international attention to their fuckup by the report being delayed to well outside international norms

1 Like

A more specific version of this was was floating around down here

dont know how you can draw that from my posts. CHC wil and should ship severe criticisms from the report but it doesnt excuse others where fault is detected in their actions such as oversight of CHC and their equipment.

as reagan said: “trust, but verify”

Probably from where you mentioned CHC multiple times today and the IAA not at all

in the context of who requested the review and their reasons for doing so

Executive Summary.pdf (aaiu.ie)

looks like the end of CHC’s involvement in SAR when the current contrasct comes to an end

:yawning_face:

does @Funtime know you were doing a collection for the RNLI?

1 Like

is this another boeing screwup? planes dont generally go down nose first from cruise?

It was a 737-800 in this one as opposed to the 737-Maxx that was grounded before. Seems to have pretty much dropped out of the sky according to this piece

I’m beginning to fear that something untoward may have occurred and fears for the safety of the passengers onboard are growing . At this juncture any more comment would be tantamount to idle ill informed speculation

3 Likes

From my extensive viewing of Air Crash investigation I am speculating that a horizontal or vertical stabiliser in the tail failed which is uncontrollable

Off topic but was chatting to a person who has a bit of itk information on that missing Malaysian flight. He works with these companies that carry out various deep sea activities including surveying etc. It seems they found the area where it went down but when they informed their employers(Malaysian govt) they were told thanks but to keep schtum. Another TFK exclusive.

1 Like