Aviation Thread (https://www.reforestnation.ie/offset-your-carbon)

Self certification. Sure what could go wrong.

Sure what would some pen-pusher know about aero-planes? Layve it to the lads who know what they are doing.

very few pen pushers in FAA

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/heathrow-body-plane-kenya-live-16515906

Wow, what are the chances of a body still being live after falling from an aircraft. Very slim, I’d have thought.

There was blood splattered on the walls of the garden. It must have been a horrendous scene

They’re not even sure if it was a fella or a woman yet. That tells you all you need to know. :neutral_face:

Sure these days people barely know themselves what they are

2 Likes

If there’s one thing worse than a person falling out of an airplane and splattering all over your back garden, it’s a gender-neutral person falling out of an airplane and splattering all over your back garden. It makes the paper-work much harder.

He landed a metre from someone sunbathing!!!

Hardly, mate? They dont have meters in the UK

You’d want your head examined to be sunbathing under a flightpath these days

1 Like

I know @Sidney is an awful case but surely this deserved a few likes?

I flew Dub - LHR - Stockholm and Stockholm - LHR - Dub with BA. I wasn’t impressed with them as an airline. Some very amateurish carry on out of them. The passengers were queued up to board in Stockholm and some families had already passed through to the gangway when boarding suddenly stopped. The lad making the announcement was a low talker and any attempt at making out what he was saying was frustrated by the fact that there was a ladies loo about 10 feet away from him and the hand dryer at the entrance would go full tilt every few seconds.

Eventually it turned out that they had a problem with an engine sensor and they were running tests with the engine. An hour later they announced that they thought that they had got to the source of the problem and we were good to fly. They said it in a very unconvincing fashion that made it sound like the captain had tossed a coin and it was heads we fly. There was a discernible sense of worry amongst the more nervous flyers. Just one of those days says the captain

Anyway we got away but we were.now running late for those making connection flights in LHR of whom I was one, though I had plenty of time. By the time we landed the margin of error for some families flying on to the states was down to minutes. Anyway we were pulling up to a jetty when the captain announces that he had snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, the jetty was broken and he’d have to reverse back and wait for someone to being over a stairs. Another delay ensued while they tried to locate ground staff and then you could see the stairs approaching the plane when our captain says oh the jetty is fixed. There will be another little delay while the ground staff remove the stairs and we pull up to the jetty.

Anyway there was another delay on the LHR to Dublin leg due to a delayed incoming plane and when we got to Dublin there was another sizable delay while they tried to locate ground staff to bring over a stairs. I wonder are they nickel and diming on the airport charges.

One other thing. Instead of the cabin crew giving a safety demonstration they play a “funny” video with people like Michael Caine and Joanna Lumley doing the safety bits. If you saw it once a year you might tolerate it but 4 times in a week was some dose.

5 Likes

I flew with Turkish Airlines long haul last winter and they had something similar with lego movie characters. Same thing, novelty soon wore off, especially as they would show it twice once in english and once in turkish

Lot’s of airlines put on safety videos now. The American Airlines one haunts my dreams.

I’d say Aer Lingus will be one of the last to stop their little panto as it’s apart of the usp.

I don’t know how you did it.

2 Likes

Of course they are penny pinching – do you know how much it costs to get Michael Caine to do your safety video?