Bad ads on the radio

Bad ads on the radio and now also tv (by request)

My least fav ever is back on our airwaves. I’ll do my best to get it right…

Susan, can you book me a taxi for 3 o’clock and make sure they turn up this time?

No problem, since we’ve been using National Radio Cabs, blah blah blah, reliable etc

Have you got shares or something with national radio cabs?

No such luck, but I must admit, some of the drivers are rather cute!

For me, this ad sickens the shite out of me, worse than that Brennan one does to Bandage about the eye surgery. First of all Susan sounds hot, but sorry, if she thinks that some taxi drivers in Dublin are, and I quote, “kinda cute” then Susan is some kind of desperate bird that needs eye corrective surgery. Now that I think of it, it could have been the Brennan bird off the eye laser ad. Ah haaa.

The one that gets me at the moment goes something like this:

“I’ve spent many years of my life in the company of famous icons and I never thought I’d be lucky enough to experience that again. Now with the museum of Style Icons at Newbridge Silverware I can…” or some other such shite like that. What a fucking whore Gay Byrne is.

[quote=“Locke”]My least fav ever is back on our airwaves. I’ll do my best to get it right…

Susan, can you book me a taxi for 3 o’clock and make sure they turn up this time?

No problem, since we’ve been using National Radio Cabs, blah blah blah, reliable etc

Have you got shares or something with national radio cabs?

No such luck, but I must admit, some of the drivers are rather cute!

For me, this ad sickens the shite out of me, worse than that Brennan one does to Bandage about the eye surgery. First of all Susan sounds hot, but sorry, if she thinks that some taxi drivers in Dublin are, and I quote, “kinda cute” then Susan is some kind of desperate bird that needs eye corrective surgery. Now that I think of it, it could have been the Brennan bird off the eye laser ad. Ah haaa.[/quote]

Stop listening to Newstalk Locke, its only on that station. Half the ads on Today fm are for Today fm. have they not figured out if you’re already listening…

[quote=“therock67”]The one that gets me at the moment goes something like this:

“I’ve spent many years of my life in the company of famous icons and I never thought I’d be lucky enough to experience that again. Now with the museum of Style Icons at Newbridge Silverware I can…” or some other such shite like that. What a fucking whore Gay Byrne is.[/quote]

Still not a patch on Iggy Pop.

[quote=“therock67”]The one that gets me at the moment goes something like this:

“I’ve spent many years of my life in the company of famous icons and I never thought I’d be lucky enough to experience that again. Now with the museum of Style Icons at Newbridge Silverware I can…” or some other such shite like that. What a fucking whore Gay Byrne is.[/quote]

Harsh words for a fellow Fingalian

Yeah, Newstalk is where I hear it. Nearly as bad as the Sean Moncriff one with him talking to some randomer about if he listens to the Radio or not. That one is up there too…

what is it with the ‘template’ for radio ads.

“Hi Sean. You look tired”
“Yeah Mick, i’m really tired”
“Why dont you give these guys a call. Worked wonders for me”
“Oh that sounds great. Whats their number”
“0871234567”
“Great. I’ll give them a call. 0871234567”
“And you’ll be up and about in no time”

Stupid fooking put on fake conersations. At least have a bit of cop on in your ads.

I’m the most wiley man in Ireland:mad:
Cunt impersonating a cunt

Quality Thread. Lots of potential here.

There is another one on Newstalk, can’t remember which, think it it is car insurance.
So they do the phone number…

Bla Bla Bla
Ring 017854585
[SHOUTS] Thats 017854585
Wake up to to a better deal [or something like that]

The guy shouting the number is so annoying.
And it’s not like they only have this one on in the morning, like I’m doing you a favour by shouting and waking you up. Fuck off, fuck right off.

I’ll keep an ear out for this one so I can name and shame the company.

If we extended this to TV and Radio we could really have a field day.

[quote=“Georgy Comerford”]I’m the most wiley man in Ireland:mad:
Cunt impersonating a cunt[/quote]

That’s a good call Big G.

[quote=“cluaindiuic”]Quality Thread. Lots of potential here.

If we extended this to TV and Radio we could really have a field day.[/quote]

Done!

11890 ads with the thumb dressed up as people. Stupid!

[quote=“Georgy Comerford”]I’m the most wiley man in Ireland:mad:
Cunt impersonating a cunt[/quote]

Beat me too it. Like nails down a fucking blackboard. I’d nearly lodge a complaint.

I will never, ever buy anything offa that Harvey Norman cunt because of his poxy radio adds. Go Harvey Go.

Newstalk win this by a mile, sooo many to choose ads

Global Home Improvments- Oh hello Mary, John is up the ladder fixing our unsightly peeling faschia boards- Mamet quality dialogue

Ben Dunne’s Art Gallery

And many many more

“Dave Wins”

Know that ad?
Hate it

There’s one now about a doctor or a dentist ringing his receptionist and asking her how the kids are etc. before asking if there’s any patients out there. Then the ad launches into some bollix about “Give your Doctor / Dentist more to do this week / month / something”

Annoys the crap out of me.

Doesn’t come close to that Eddie Hobbs yoke though.

[quote=“Pikeman”]“Dave Wins”

Know that ad?
Hate it[/quote]

Yes, can’t believe the fucker leaves his socks in his suit pockets when he sends it to be dry cleaned.

[quote=“Pikeman”]“Dave Wins”

Know that ad?
Hate it[/quote]

Let the field day commence.

That ad makes no sense. If you get car insurance with nononsense.ie your friends will think you are the cheapest person they know. Score. What the fuck?

There is an ad for I think for Chrysler cars. And they go on about how there are no hidden extras or hidden costs and how extras on normal cars come as standard on Chryslers. Then at the very end of the ad you hear. “Delivery and related charges extra. Terms and Conditions apply” or something like that. Ridiculous.

Krusty: All right, here’s the deal. Every time you watch my show, I will send you… [holds up a check] forty dollars!
Voice: [fine print] Checks will not be honored.

Also so many bad website names out there.
itsyourmoney.ie
confused.com
nononsense.ie

All these websites that if you see the name alone the site could be anything.

At least with websites like comparethemarket.co.uk
and moneysupermarket.co.uk you have a vague idea of what they are about.

Another thing that drives me mad are these two things:
Companies trying to turn their product into a verb.
Just do it, B&Q it.
Don’t shop for it, Argos it. [That is from a former Argos employee]
Let’s Fifa '09.
etc…

Unless it happens semi-naturally like Google don’t even try it.

How many times have ye seen/heard this:
There are pensions and there are Eagle star pensions/
There are wardrobes and there are slide robe wardrobes
There are showers and there are triton showers
etc…

Get a new line lads.

[quote=“cluaindiuic”]Let the field day commence.

That ad makes no sense. If you get car insurance with nononsense.ie your friends will think you are the cheapest person they know. Score. What the fuck?

There is an ad for I think for Chrysler cars. And they go on about how there are no hidden extras or hidden costs and how extras on normal cars come as standard on Chryslers. Then at the very end of the ad you hear. “Delivery and related charges extra. Terms and Conditions apply” or something like that. Ridiculous.

Krusty: All right, here’s the deal. Every time you watch my show, I will send you… [holds up a check] forty dollars!
Voice: [fine print] Checks will not be honored.

Also so many bad website names out there.
itsyourmoney.ie
confused.com
nononsense.ie

All these websites that if you see the name alone the site could be anything.

At least with websites like comparethemarket.co.uk
and moneysupermarket.co.uk you have a vague idea of what they are about.

Another thing that drives me mad are these two things:
Companies trying to turn their product into a verb.
Just do it, B&Q it.
Don’t shop for it, Argos it. [That is from a former Argos employee]
Let’s Fifa '09.
etc…

Unless it happens semi-naturally like Google don’t even try it.

How many times have ye seen/heard this:
There are pensions and there are Eagle star pensions/
There are wardrobes and there are slide robe wardrobes
There are showers and there are triton showers
etc…

Get a new line lads.[/quote]

Don’t just paint it, Crown it

Also, elephantstorage.ie, what the fuck are you going calling your company elephant storage. What do elephants have to do with storage??