The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

A daughter of Big Barry Cowen.

Ah jaysus.

3 Likes

@kyle will be voting Fianna Fail

1 Like

They haven’t gone away you know

1 Like

Live Spot: Brian Fenton & fiancée in The Orange Goat.

1 Like

Damian Hayes and Jackie Hurley were both managing U10 teams from Portumna and Kilmacud at a big hurling blitz in Naas yesterday. Both were models of respect on the sideline and full of chat to anyone who engaged with them. Were there a deli counter close by I’d imagine their behaviour at it would be exemplary

7 Likes

Jacqui is a thoroughly decent sort.

2 Likes

A pure bonanza in the space of around 15 mins yesterday.

Spotted Uncle Tom Dempsey strolling around Gorey Main St at lunchtime. It’s unclear if he was talking or thinking about Kilkenny.

A few mins later I entered a cafe to get a coffee and on my way out I spotted the man who has played for Wexford footballers more than anyone else Ben Brosnan having lunch with his wife.

I went from there to Sports Direct and at the till was behind former Wexford hurler and current selector Des Mythen who was buying a few things. Des seemed frustrated that the shop staff couldn’t take 100 euro notes.

8 Likes

Only drug pushers have €100 notes…

And Des.

You’ll never guess who was sitting at one of the outside tables at The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 at 9.03am this morning? Yes, totemic Dublin midfielder & all-time gaelic football great Brian Fenton was seated with his fiancée & their dog.

My morning run ended at the café to facilitate a morning coffee order ahead of a stroll home for a 9.15am meeting. I made my way inside to order &, while waiting for coffee, observed that Brian & his partner were drinking flat whites & enjoying the sunshine. They were dressed in casual summer wear - runners, shorts, T-shirts.

The Orange Goat is one of those animal friendly venues & a staff member emerged with a complimentary bowl of chicken for Fento’s dog & the couple thanked the employee effusively.

I had a brief word with them, as I left with my coffee. I congratulated the Dublin lynchpin on Sunday’s result & wished him all the best for the game(s) ahead. Fenton politely thanked me amidst some other small talk, as I sensed from his expression that he was simultaneously wondering if this is the lad that’s stalking him on popular forum thefreekick.com.

Like an investigative journalist exposing a brothel in defunct tabloid The News of the World, I then politely made my excuses and left.

22 Likes

This needs to become an RTE soap opera. I’d suggest calling it something like “Fair City”.

Do you see Bela much these days?

Who: Richie Stakelum
Where: Seapoint bathing area
When: Today 12:50
Wearing: Navy swim shorts and adidas sliders. Later: sky blue golf polo, cream chino shorts, white socks and deck shoes
Famous for: Uttering the iconic line ‘The famine is over’ after leading the Tippos back to the Munster hurling promised land in 1987 and inspiring a young Spidey on his annual Tippo holiday. Erstwhile Dublin and Kilmacud Crokes hurling manager/selector.
Conpany: a semi attractive red head with great cans who appeared to be his daughter
Other notes: After a ‘Goo wan Richie’ from some acquaintance, Richie ploughed straight down the ramp and into the water. His colleague in a leopard print swimsuit followed him gingerly ‘oohing and aging’ as she plunged into the icy Irish Sea. Richie was gone out about 10m and treaded water until she arrived. They floated around for a while but the sun had gone behind dark clouds and they exited the water after a few minutes. I went for a quick swim around the inlet and on getting out the Stakelums were packed up and ready to rock. They headed up to the road facing the coast and jumped into their vehicle and headed off. Richie is in good nick for 61 as is the daughter* as previously mentioned. It must be in the genes.

5 Likes

A happy ending all round

You’ll never guess who was sitting on one of the window area stools at The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 at 1.30pm this afternoon? Yes, Dublin gaelic football lynchpin (despite his utility man status) Brian Howard was stationed there & in conversation with another male.

I decided to take a lunchtime stroll for coffee ahead of a 2pm meeting & spotted Howard as I entered the premises. However, post ordering, I was unable to ascertain what the gentlemen were eating and/or drinking due to the volume of people in the café & the lack of a clear line of sight to their places.

I left with my beverage a short time later & was waiting at the pedestrian crossing directly outside the premises when Howard & his pal emerged from the café. They had a “good to catch up”, “talk to you soon” type parting and the friend hopped into a car parked in one of the four (4) spaces shared by TOG & Killester Barbers.

Howard, meanwhile, took off on foot in the direction of the Howth Road. He was wearing dark trainers, black shorts & a long sleeve white tshirt/light top. I headed back home to join my meeting & I don’t know where Brian Howard went.

7 Likes

Tuborg?

This reminds me of the scene in I’m Alan Partridge where Partridge is presenting his radio programme and breathlessly introduces a song by the world renowned American band R.E…O. Speedwagon.

It’s like if I turned up to an event at Trinity College advertising an interview with a legendary presenter of the BBC’s Newsnight named Jeremy, and it turned out to be Vine rather than Paxman.

Nobody gives a fuck about your Brian Howard spot.

2 Likes

Seen as he had a whopper weekend I’ll throw in an oul spot from about ten days ago. It was the morning of Thursday before last and myself and Mr J had just finished a lap of malahide castle. As we finished up and were approaching the playground car park, two gents came towards us to begin their jog. As is customary for joggers to acknowledge each other, we gave a nod and hello. It was none other than Ger Brennan and an older gent in his late 50s maybe. Ger asked us which way was the easiest way to go round, i laughed and replied it wouldnt matter for the likes of him, to which he replied he was thinking about the older fella. We all had a laugh and went our seperate ways.
Ger is taller than i thought And I’d see him a bit as im sure he lives in Porto. Il Panorama cafe is his Orange goat if you will. It was also a strange thing for him to say as he’d know that Park well. Anyway, Ger is sound.

6 Likes

Forum favourite Colm Parkinson doing the school run with the youngsters and the dog. Colm was in good spirits and jovial with all he met as he strolled through the town he loves so well.

3 Likes

You’ll never guess who just left The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 & made a cautious getaway in his sponsored Dublin GAA car? Yes, Dublin gaelic football attacker Cormac Costello(e) accepted his takeaway warm beverage & headed for his car parked directly outside.

He was already waiting for his order when I arrived and, to my shame, I didn’t pay him any attention until it was almost too late. What I can say was he displayed no airs or graces & was as low key a café presence as that ex Clare corner forward whose name I can’t recall was in Limerick city delis back in 2013-14.

I belatedly copped it was CC & observed he was wearing dark coloured smart casual garb. Dark chinos, dark polo shirt type thing. He even reversed out of the car parking space in an understated manner onto Collins Avenue East & made for the direction of Collins Avenue.

Perhaps back to the Whitehall Colmcille catchment area? I’m speculating here, but I reckon Dublin are training this evening & he’s heading back home to do a few bits before heading off to kick ball around 4.45pm. Here’s Cormac just after completing the reverse manoeuvre mentioned above.

9 Likes