Banks - Cunts

Then use some of your tax free lump sum from pension to clear whateverā€™s left on mortgage

1 Like

Lads if ye can switch the fucking mortgage. A pain in the hole but you could save literally thousands. I did the math this year but the missus fixed term contract is up so it was too messy, but it was a savage amount of money even off a fixed rate and a modest enough mortgage.
Fix at 1.95% for as long as they will let you. Iā€™ll do it next year. Solicitor quoted me about ā‚¬1200, itā€™s some bullshit especially for a switcher, but it was still value

1 Like

Will anyone post up an auld figure other than a ā€œsavage amountā€ or ā€œmassive amountā€

Most charges related to breaking the fixed rate are actually relatively small

Itā€™s very complicated because the calculators will put you back on a variable rate as it is now, which it probably wonā€™t be. Depends on the term of your mortgage, youā€™ve to take into account solictors fees, breakage fees etc and then you only get the really good rates if your mortage is LTV of less than 60%. But off a 200k ish mortgage @ 2.9% fixed rate with BOI to switch to Avant or the other crowd @ 1.95% I think it was basically a grand a year. So take off the ā‚¬1200 for solicitor over the course of the 5 years it was ā‚¬4k or so

1 Like

Do you know what I found out lately as well, your 12 month contract with energia or whoever can be broken for ā‚¬50. And the difference between the electricity companies is massive at the moment

3 Likes

Heā€™s certainly hoping that about the widow with the field up the road

3 Likes

4Kā€™s not worth the hassle.

If I switch and pay the same amount Iā€™ll knock 6 years off the mortgage

1 Like
1 Like

Avant have actually dropped their fixed rate to 1.65%,just heard the boss man on the radio there

1 Like

they seem decent enough.

Who is the boss man there?

This in dublin?

Did a quick Google

ā€œThe Leitrim-headquartered lenderā€

Iā€™m outā€¦

5 Likes

Mortgage op operates out of Kildare

Their MD was on the radio asking people to investigate how much they actually save when switching and receiving a cash bonus. Said theyā€™d be cheaper taking the money as a personal loan from avant

they bought out MBNA

They replaced Bank of America who took over the MBNA franchise.

1 Like

becoming the biggest/only employer in carrick :smiley: