Banks - Cunts

Afaik thereā€™s only a couple of hundred in the Avant operation currently.
There were 1,200+ in the heydays of MBNA who were a terrific employer.

1 Like

Said the cash back was a scam which it is.

No limerick. I suppose double bubble in Dublin

Can certainly aim to.
Pay down debt has always been my mantra.

What was the general consesus on the fixed rates discussion last week?
Iā€™ve gotten my letter with the new fixed rate options, 2.9% for 2 years the way to go?
I can go 5 year for 3.0%

Going off the valuation of the house from the time I got the mortgage (4 years ago) Iā€™d be on around 66% LTV. Would I need to be getting the house re-valued if I wanted to try to claim under the 60% LTV?

I looked into this. One catch with the deal is Avant will only lend within 20kms from cities outside of Dublin or 50kms from Dublinā€¦ 5kms some town like athlone or KK then

ICS have similar rates, for not as long term, without the geographic factor. This all according to a broker I contactedā€¦

2 Likes

Yes

I might just fix for the 2 years and I should be close enough to the 60% to get a friendly valuer out to review it.

1 Like

A friend of mine found a friendly BER man to rerate his house making him eligible for a cheaper ā€œgreenā€ mortgage.

1 Like

Has advise been given on this thread to those who have Ulster Bank accounts and who to go transfer a current account over to? Branch wise Iā€™ve AIB, BoI and PTSB on my doorstep. Who has the best online offer?

When are KBC expected to have completely pulled out of Ireland?

If you do not require the services of a physical branch then you should move to one of the online banks - N26 etc.

Iā€™m with Revolut but Iā€™m not putting my salary through that. Iā€™ll pay for a round of drinks and thatā€™s about it!!

Did I hear that BoI are pretty shit when it comes to online banking? I have a bit of a nub with AIB, shower of cunts!. PTSB are also a shower of cunts but maybe less cunty.

Aib online offering far superior to the other main banks.

3 Likes

Of the domestic banks EBS have a free current account and PTSB are ā‚¬2pm. AIB/BOI are around 4-6 pm but have a wider branch network. BOI are shit online. AIB are decent.

1 Like

How are EBS and PTSB online or are they even online?

When are all the foreign banks coming into Ireland to clean up. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Havenā€™t used either in a few years. Suspect youā€™d need to supplement your current account with a transfer to an online platform like Revolut to make us of Google Pay/NFC etc. Moved the majority of my banking to KBC about five years ago but need to find a new home for it now

im tempted by the credit union, anyone have a CU current account?

When their security actually means something I suppose, and itā€™s not their own stupid fault for lending money to paddy in the first place.

1 Like