Banks - Cunts

So yes , sorry.

Iā€™m almost certain to get a bank license you are regulated by the fca and as such will have a certain amount of cover

Sounds like a proper party :clap:

https://twitter.com/kenfoxe/status/1818247037206282679?s=19

The John Delaney school of partying

2 Likes

Youā€™d have to check if there is a deposit guarantee scheme in the UK and who and how much is covered. The Irish regulated banks are covered to the tune of 100k per deposit but in the last crash the government covered all of the deposits for commercial reasons. I wouldnā€™t be putting anything other than loose change with Revolut.

3 Likes

Whatever about them going bust, lotā€™s of horror stories of people being blocked from funds due to ā€˜suspiciousā€™ transactionsā€¦lads buying plantation shutters from Malta could find themselves locked out from their life savings

1 Like

Did they get flip flops?

Come here, we canā€™t be cutting corners when we are hosting the big wigs. ā‚¬350k, you could spend more on a wedding these days

2 Likes

The lads want us to bring over some of the most powerful people in Europe and give them egg salad sandwiches with tae.

2 Likes

Fifteen hundy for some cack-hander to puck a few balls in front of a load of suits from the mainland. :eyes:

Bit of advice. Would it be safe to use revolut to exchange a decent sum of money into Euro, say, 50k?

From the recent exchange rates offered by revolut Iā€™ve found my own bankā€™s rates better even with commish

I find a lot of these apps trade on the moral ā€œthe man with the reputation for getting up early can stay in bed as late as he wantsā€

1 Like

Exchange rate looks good at the minute on revolut

Check the rate on wise.com, may be better.

1 Like

Is your pal paying the builders in cash?

Jesus flatty, how long are you planning on letting it sit there? You should never hold more than a couple of grand at any one time in there

1 Like

I have used wise for both $ & Ā£ transfers before and found it quick and easy.

1 Like

Wise would be the safer option.

Wouldnā€™t trust Revolut with a big amount.

1 Like

No he uses clear currency usually who are great but itā€™s a bit of a ballache compared to an app. It involves emails and the like.

I havenā€™t a clue but I was told once by a retired revenue man to keep all your transactions under 10k. Otherwise itā€™s like a red rag to a bull. The banks must report it.

So split it up multiple ways would be my advice.