Banks - Cunts

When you make a capital repayment, you can either reduce term (amount of years left) or repayment amounts. It was up to you to specify this.

I did though. Thatā€™s the thing.

1 Like

You are as well to do it the way the bank did it in my opinion. You can keep overpaying in the meantime, but at least if it all goes Pete tong itā€™s a lower amount.

But how and ever, if you havenā€™t already, get onto the mortgage advisor for your local branch. Theyā€™ll sort it for you. Speaking to nameless admins on the phone is a complete waste of time. They donā€™t give a fuck. At least you can go back to a specific person if there is one person looking after it

2 Likes

In writing?

Yup.

1 Like

Anyway it doesnā€™t matter. They can keep it the way it is now. If things start to go tits up cos of this virus, I can pay the lower amount and still be on top of it. Itā€™s just gas the lack of communication. You get told to fuck off one minute and the next you get a cheque and an apology but things stay the same :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a solid example of the truth of the thread title. They donā€™t give a shit.

1 Like

Fuck it. The local chopper is still open. Dinner on the cunts tonight

1 Like

A pizza then soā€¦ Oh wait!! :astonished:

If we do get one and thereā€™s even a hint of pineapple in the fucking thing, Iā€™ll make the fallout from this virus thing look like an episode of winnie the pooh

1 Like

I was chatting to a ā€œfriendā€ who works for Goldman yesterday. He says itā€™s gone ballistic busy as the yanks are going mental worrying about people taking a govt payout, paying it to themselves, letting the company go under, and restart afresh in a few months. Goldman are, apparently, extremely worried about their good name and reputation :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a bit like Ivor Callely being afraid of buying a new phone

1 Like

Very fair summary. And surprisingly good detail in it

Bullet point?

Be wary. Donā€™t keep loads in it.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the craic with Revolut? Why would you use over traditional banking? Fees?

The card gives better FX rates if needed. Multiple cards on one account for kids etc. Transfers funds to people is easy. Card security using app is very handy - can disable card using app. Instant receipts. Load up card as a debit card so amount on it is limited.

Offers trading platform now too.

2 Likes

Read the headline mate, Traditional banks are cunts.

2 Likes