Banks - Cunts

I wouldn’t 100% trust Revolut but they’re sticking it to the main banks which is good.

3 Likes

Would I be correct in saying it’d be foolish to throw too much money in?

That was me. I signed up on Friday.

I also got a letter from the bank telling me that my request for a mortgage break due to COVID 19 was approved and my next repayment date was August.

I never requested any break and had to make multiple calls to get it removed.
Cunts.

2 Likes

Sounds like the wife went behind your back.

2 Likes

That was the Russians after they data-mined him

1 Like

It was an administration error apparently.

You may tell the bank you’ll be getting on to the data protection commission. They’re more scared of GDPR than the central bank :smile:

Yeah you shouldn’t.

My issues with Revolut are more customer service based and the AML fiasco. I don’t think they have a clear handle on this at all still.

I wondered about their AML.
I sent them a copy of my passport with a photo that’s 8 years old, then a selfie (of my lockdown bearded self) which was approved instantly.

You can transfer money into it and spend it as you like. Your own bank then can’t see what you’re spending it on, gambling, whatever. Handy if applying for a mortgage or loan.

1 Like

You can also pay contactless with no upper limit, unlike BoI, which is a godsend during the pandemic.

They kept telling people to update their AML because of the Brexit threat.

The real reason is that they didn’t have proper AML for a lot of people.

There’s all sorts of issues like the one you outline. I assume they have some automation but I’ve heard of people regularly being asked for new AML.

Could you use it for rapid large sum currency exchange?

Well PTSB haven’t asked me for new AML since I opened my bank account which must be the bones of 15 years. Which can’t be right either.

If you were brave. Maybe a bit at a time.

I’ll stick with @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy s mate.
He’s always done right by me. I’ve put a fair bit of business his way.

1 Like

My mate would love to help anytime bro

A bank can request a copy of your Revolut Statements if applying for a mortgage or a loan.

2 Likes

If that’s the case then this thread is aptly titled. I did not know that.

1 Like

Never mind revoute cork is trying to go rogue. Peoples banana republic

2 Likes