Banks & Employee Stress issues

I’m hearing a lot of stories about Bank Staff going off work on Stress leave in large numbers around the Country.
AIB seems to be the main offender.

Is this a genuine work related issue or are these employees just milking the system?

Anyone else got any info?

Probably milking the system. If you don’t like your job, get another one.

The big banks are like the public sector. You can do what you want

from experience they are milking the system…

row with manager onm monday…stress leave the rest of the week…absolute bullshit…

1 Like

If you are being managed out or about to be then stress leave is your next play.

2 Likes

What I’m hearing is staffing levels are low & employees are covering sections they’re not trained to do? Low staff numbers I can understand but being put into work sections they’re not trained for is surely bullshit?

I can confirm nor deny.
To be honest I’m too stressed to talk about it.

2 Likes

If only the TFK Bank Manager would flesh this issue out for us.

not at all…

Classic solution…throw a body at it… I worked in BOI in Securities… people were given a checklist on how to release securities… then told to ask x or y if they were didnt know something…all monitored by Real time Software whihc is more baloney…

then the did somehting wrong and got ablled out, not their fault thy are not adequately trained.

In short, the Banks are a shambles

managing someone out in this country is a very difficult thing to do
you’d need your head examined to be a people manager in my opinion, especially if you have women reporting to you

7 Likes

well that can be seen as an “opportunity”
in fairness - mow i dont know about banks but in my experience “training” in any new role might involve shadowing a fella for a week or two if you are lucky and off you go
a lot of these cunts dont want responsibility and are so programmed by training that they wont turn a screw unless they are signed off to do so , that’s a huge part of the problem

3 Likes

My insider at BOI has told me the place is being run like a concentration camp, every single second to be accounted for, management sitting on peoples shoulders to hit impossible targets, add into the fact that they are in Cabinteely mile from anywhere and squeezing more people in there. The mood in there is not conducive for good productivity.

I’m hearing the Unions are starting to make big noises.

some are in baggot street, some in Ballsbridge, Cabinteely is where they will all ultimately end up…

The real time management software which they have installed is simply a means to pull the rug from under someone when they feel like it…it’s nonsense…

they will all move to cabinteely leading to mass leaving…

Happening in BOI. They called a few hundred into a meeting a few months back to tell them they were closing the back office support centres that they were in the process of setting up. Quite a few people in limbo at the moment. They seem to be making it up as they go along.

Correct. Managers monitoring the staff through video cameras. It’s a good job @dancarter isn’t there any more.

1 Like

that’s the problem right there

what an era for the country when the unions are representing the people in banks pursuing individuals in difficulty repaying loans

2 Likes

I heard of a case recently where someone in a bank branch asked for a print of a statement. They were told to go to the local library, go online and print it off there.

1 Like

There’s a self service machine to print statements in most banks.

3 Likes