Banks & Employee Stress issues

You need to re-read the post

1 Like

How badly?

i take a very dim view of folk claiming they are “stressed” in work- it’s work you cunts, in fact these characters should immiedialtly be denoted as dubious
there are 2 things here,

• “training” - what the hell is training? ive never been trained or have ever “trained” a new fella (aside for when i did my time as a spark)- you get stuck in and seek out opportunity and you darent say fucking no if you are given more responsibility - in general you were hired because it was assumed you were capable- now either get with it or leave
    -now i dont know what type of culture banks have tho- at times employers are their worst enemy - if you are going to micro manage folk and screw them if they dont follow procedures or tasks line by line in a checklist form then you will create an environement for monkeys- people will be scared of their life of deviating from procedure- now in general this is de rigeor in low skilled . low tech emplyment “you put a screw here , one quarter turn, place in a box, etc”, now if you are hiring people for these roles and if they are screwed for not following procedure then yes, they will use the training and stress card,
    in tech where i am- you need to show initiative at least- id be embarrassed to mention training- in general its employee owned- BOI need to clear that mess and get in a load of fuckers who want to work
5 Likes

I did fuck all work in July and up until now in August. I’d say I have very little stress. I got stressed tonight when I saw the BOI work acount had ‘lost’ money in the account and obviously backdated it to show losses for times previous to now. As in that we were overdrawn. An hour later it showed that the withdrawals were this months salaries which came out today. And the previous ‘overdrawns’ (around 2 weeks ago) had disappeared.

In short, banks are fucking cunts, particularly BOI.

1 Like

They have a big issue with real time balancing of both personal and business accounting. Something is very wrong, especially when shadow posting of work is not followed through properly. Got stung twice during the last year with balances on b365 not displaying correctly and charged €12 both times for o/d balances. Both times I was refunded when I drew it to their attention, they are aware of this issue but are not interested in addressing it properly…

2 Likes

I never met anyone in hr who isn’t an utter prick. Firing people for a living. They also generally reckon they are quite wonderful. By and large they are thick as ditches, and when they actually should be getting rid of someone for serial nastiness or incompetence, they make such a balls of it that the individual eventually gets paid to leave.

How is your holiday going?

1 Like

And they think they are the most important people in the organisation.

2 Likes

The missus in the sun while you lie in the shade, you big fuckin roaster

3 Likes

She’s finishing off that Angela’s Ashes book she started reading in February.

2 Likes

New CEO of Ulster Bank is a lady.

Jaysus that hate is bloody cruel.

Man gets €889 after boss brings him out to sea to ask about missing money
GORDON DEEGAN
A man who resigned from his job under duress, after being brought out to sea in a speedboat by his boss and aggressively questioned about missing money, has been awarded €889 over his unfair dismissal.

The man said he was brought more than 3km from the shore and told he would not be able to swim back as the water was too cold, the Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) heard.

The claimant, who was questioned about €10,000 missing from the business, which operates amusement arcades, said he was scared and cold during the questioning, which continued for about an hour before the boat returned to a harbour.

He said he was questioned on the boat by the company director, a line manager and a business associate of the director. He said all three asked him about stealing money, and that the director was aggressive in his language.

Resignation letter
The WRC was told the man was later made to sign a resignation letter that had been prepared for him.

The letter, dated April 27th, 2017, and prepared by the firm’s human resources manager, stated: “I refer to our conversation this morning and wish to confirm my decision to resign with immediate effect.”

The man’s unfair dismissal claim was upheld and he was awarded €889. The award was low as the man received disability payments after resigning and, as he was unavailable for work, was deemed not to have suffered a financial loss.

WRC adjudication officer Joe Donnelly said of the speedboat incident: “It is clear that the purpose of the exercise was to frighten the complainant and this had been successfully achieved. The further purpose would appear to have been to get the complainant to resign.”

The company director told the WRC that he had invited staff out on his boat to prepare for a new season but only two employees came. He said the boat went out to a marker buoy and then returned slowly to the harbour as there was a problem with the engine. They then returned to the workplace, he said.

Bottom line for me…a lot of people are not competent in the roles theyre performing.

Should have asked if he spilled about the Ginny Sack joke while he was at it

They’re as important as the tax disc on a tank.