Banks

Dont get me started on trying to get access to the systems as well, thats a whole other horror show. :frowning:

ah things like storage should be outsourced anyway. but for a bank where information systems are key surely network management needs to be in house. particularly for bank application development should be too

outsourcing is actually useful for a couple of years if you need to sack a lot of deadwood.

The guy who couldn’t find a job in Ireland or England is trying to convince us that he’s making strategic outsourcing decisions in Australia. :lol:

I thought he was speaking from experience as the deadwood?

Ah that makes more sense.

:lol: :clap:

or being strategically outsourced myself

Why anyone would want to spend €300k on a house in Donabate is beyond me

So it turns out that AIB have been sending the wrong credit history about customers to the Irish Credit Bureau for the last 6 years or more. Just another bank fuck up. What sort of gobshites are running these banks?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/aib-sorry-for-sending-wrong-debt-details-on-own-customers-3195105.html

Seems all the banks have had huge problems processing the first payroll runs since SEPA.
We didnt’ get paid last night and neither did at least 3 other companies I know. Affecting both AIB & BOI.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 892293, member: 1786”]Seems all the banks have had huge problems processing the first payroll runs since SEPA.
We didnt’ get paid last night and neither did at least 3 other companies I know. Affecting both AIB & BOI.[/quote]

Not just in Ireland.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 892293, member: 1786”]Seems all the banks have had huge problems processing the first payroll runs since SEPA.
We didnt’ get paid last night and neither did at least 3 other companies I know. Affecting both AIB & BOI.[/quote]

Who’d have thought that an initiative that was forced on banks that they didn’t want would cause problems?

I got my pay…just considerably less than I should have. o_O

The banks should be allowed to run their own affairs without any outside interference. Who do governments think they are?

Had to go into a bank branch for the first time in over a year today to lodge a sterling cheque. Its quite the experience. Queue out the door, probably about 12-13 people ahead of me. There was only one teller on duty. There were two bank officials wandering around patrolling the queue and the area just inside the door asking everyone what their business was.

Forget about it. They don’t want you in there and are told as a matter of policy not to be helpful.

can u not lodge that at one of those automated lodgement machine yokes?

No had to go up to the counter to do that.

I had to call BOI credit card services last night. I was shunted around a few Northern Irish agents, couldn’t understand half of what they were saying and all delivered with a bit of bile as well. Was eventually transferred to someone in India so finally I could speak to someone in English.

5 Likes

Says the Limerick man.

1 Like

Guys, what bank has the best savings scheme at the minute?

I’m currently considering ending my long association with Ulster Bank.