Banter or Racism

Iā€™d contend that it is entirely possible that the one (1) confederate flag waver is an attention seeking cunt, Iā€™d say it is hugely unlikely that he supports slavery,
But despite it all nobody bar the snowflakiest of all snowflakes is actually offended by the stupid prick, I hope that the furore now will have seen people have words with him and that it will stop now, otherwise he deserves a beating next year.

Itā€™s also highly possible that said cofederate flag waver doesnā€™t even know itā€™s a confederate flag.

2 Likes

Ignorance is no excuse.

The GGA encourage this guy, that is the real problem here.

2 Likes

How did the GGA ( yawn ) ā€œencourageā€ this guy ?

Not defending him Matty nor trying to.

They let him in and allow him to fly his flag.

They should be sending police or stewards up to him to confiscate his flag and ban him from all of the associationā€™s stadiums.

Itā€™s long past time that this carry on is tolerated.

2 Likes

What law was he breaking ?

Since when did Matty Hislop become so high and mighty

@Sandymount_Red was a lot nicer

Most sports donā€™t allow the flying of offensive banners within their stadiums.

Oh Matty.
Who was it that said " I donā€™t like what youā€™re saying but I defend your right to say it"
While I agree with your points regarding the confederate flag , he was/is not doing anything illegal and until then he has every right to wave. Iā€™m in no way condoning mind but ypu canā€™t impede on his right to bring it

I watched Ross Kemp last night and I really got a feel for the injustices that southern blacks face in the USA.

Just a pity that the fuckers who take most offence are firmly in the ā€˜pacifistā€™ camp.

I know youā€™re not defending him Mike, but it looks absolutely appalling.

That it does.

I think those who fly this flag are jinnets . I had a quick look during the parade and noticed 1 such flag in the Hill .

Until a law is agreed at congress to ban it and have a by - law it will be hard to stop it .

You are wrong to say it is encouraged . If the GAA gave a free burger or say a discount on a pint to those who bring a confederate flag then you would have a point saying it is encouraged . I know of no such incentives .

1 Like

The GAA have previously confiscated or ordered other flags/banners taken to be taken down at Croke Park.

One was a Palestinian flag flown by Armagh supporters at the 2014 All-Ireland quarter-final.

A group of Down supporters were ordered to take down a banner opposing the erection of a fence in front of Hill 16 at the 2010 All-Ireland semi-final.

Iā€™d like to see anybody make a case that either was on the same planet in terms of offensiveness or inappropriateness as the confederate flag.

Sure all Cork people believe in Cork supremacy

3 Likes

Is it still alright to love this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jREUrbGGrgM

1 Like

I think both those flags had slogans that werenā€™t deemed appropriate . There are Palestinian flags regularly flown in GAA grounds .

I am sure there is a rule / by law on these slogans . UEFA have a strong line on this .