Barcelona in Trouble

Did you only start following them in 1999-2001?

Yes

Poor old Sporting Fingal went bust as all the locals wouldn’t get off the barstool to support LOI soccer.

4 Likes

Quite the claim to only support a club because they played a season or two 12km away from your home village when you were in your 20s.

Sherbourne only 15km away must feel very hard done by. I wonder what they did to him during his puberty to be so scorned.

1 Like

Shels are cunts mate

i dont follow any teams set up by the british army mate

thats one of my red lines

1 Like

Shels was founded by a pub owner. Are you confusing them with Bohemians?

no

Please elaborate on the links between Shels and the British Army.

I was unaware of this and would like to know more.

Celtic are a British team who support the British army :person_shrugging:

And association football was invented by the Brits, yet he refers to hurling as spud hockey.

A complete walking contradiction of a man.

1 Like

English landlords invented hurling and edward carson codified it

I respect your entitlement to believe something that is completely incorrect, I can’t speak for the standard of your education.

However, you are using this ‘belief’ to knock hurling while you espouse the greatness of the version of association football first enshrined in rules by the landed British classes.

Your hypocrisy is mind boggling.

The eighteenth century is frequently referred to as “The Golden Age of Hurling”. This was when members of the Anglo-Irish landed gentry kept teams of players on their estates and challenged each other’s teams to matches for the amusement of their tenants.

Indeed. They liked it after it was invented a couple of thousand years.

And yet persist with your love of association football/soccer, a garrison game if ever there was one.

people hit things with sticks all over the world since stone age mate

the landlords gave us the game you love today

1 Like
  1. Wrong. Read the Tain.

2. Wrong. Just wrong in every regard.

This is also utterly hilarious as you harp on non stop about a sport that had its rules first recorded in the 1860s in upper class learning institutes in Cambridge, Sheffield, and Uppingham - association football/soccer.

read the tain :slight_smile:

the game of today is the game of the English landlord and the subservient Irish

Correct on association football. Well done.