Barcelona in Trouble

Its not rocket science indeed, signed the two best young midfielders in France, and the two best young wingers in Brazil.

You’d nearly give them as much credit for having the foresight to bin Ronaldo plus then to keep Benzema & Modric.

Theyve let Varane and Ramos go at the right time as well.

Fucked an over the hill Casemeiro out the door too for a small fortune

6 Likes

Plenty of clubs have tried and failed miserably. It’s not like Chelsea were they signed dozens of young players either.

They are identifying the right targets.

They’re fucking Real Madrid :joy:

Yeah, a fine player but just the wrong side of it and brought the two young lads…

I think Chelsea have actually bought well and the new manager will turn things pretty quickly. Theres a core of super players at Chelsea.

What United have done in buying Sancho and Antony takessome doing, ie repeating the exact same mistake. Martinez is a brilliant footballing centre back though.

For all the talk of the Galacticos, the only one I can think of that didnt really work out was Kaka who was crocked.

Ah Real Madrid didn’t get much out of robben, bale?!, hazard and sniejder. Walter Samuel done well when he left too. Bale probably was good for a while tbf.

Real spunked a load of money on Fernando gago and higuain as well at one point with a few other young players. They signed a lot of useless Spanish lads too.

Nowadays they don’t seem to make a single mistake. That vincious junior wasn’t well known not like neymar or Robinho when they first game over.

Yeah Ive forgotten a few there I concede.

Hazard I’d agree.

Bale I think worked out in that he directly contributed t goals that won two of their European Cups.

Robben was fucked over and was a big ‘what if’, he was in his prime and was well good enough.

Don’t think Sneijder was quite Galactico level but they did waste him.

Higuain was a good playerfor them and there was a lot of talk whether they were going to keep him or Benzema, Benzema’s link up play with Ronaldo swung it but Higuain did well at Real. They sold him to Napoli for good money and I think he got 50 odd goals for Napoli his first year.

Robben is the big one there for me, Hazard was past it and you’re right, they shouldn’t have taken him. Sneijder and Van der Vaart were good enough as well. To reinforce your point actually, they brought Ozil who broke assist records with them

Kakas numbers weren’t too bad either tbf. He just lost the pace.

Nice bit of shithousery coming into it now.

I cant remember much of him there but Id say he was very good when he was fit. I think they signed him and Ronaldo in the same weekand that did for Robben

Nothing quite as enjoyable as watching Madrid tank the Catalan pigs.

3 Likes

Michael Owen is a thoroughly dislikable human

1 Like

It just takes one player to completely change the fortunes of a football team.

This guy looks very special.

So did Ansu Fati a couple of years ago

They made an absolutely massive cock up with an injury of his.

Apparently he could sue them.

Fati was an outstanding prospect but there is something special about Lamine.

The unfortunate added pressure of any exceptional young talent coming through La Masia is the unavoidable comparison to you know who. Giving the number 10 to Fati after his injury troubles was a disaster from the board. I’m hopeful he can still come through as his talent is clear to see

1 Like

Im looking up various Barcelona youth prospects.

I could write a thesis on it.

I remembered being obsessed with bojan.

Was looking there Sergei Samper is still playing. Another fella ruined by injuries.

1 Like

Samper was somewhat overhyped but very talented, yes. Halilovic as well. Xavi Simons was well known from the age of 12

Bojan, though… A tragedy. He had everything. What a player he was.
Thiago Alcantara should have had a lough career at the Camp Nou.

Very good academy crop coming through now though. Alejandro Baldé, Gavi, Lamine Yamal, Ansu Fati (please God) and a couple of other players just getting senior call ups all hold plenty of promise.

2 Likes

What exactly happened with bojan?