Barcelona in Trouble

Fairly sad really. IMO, he was overrused in his breakout season under Rijkaard, and it kind of sparked Bojan’s demise.

That year the Euros was on and he didn’t wish to be called up due to fatigue. There is no doubt that he would have been in that squad, and IMO would have featured in a lot of games in that tournament in 2008, he was that good as a 17 year old.
Following on from that it went downhill. Comparisons with Messi brought upon godly expectations and Bojan’s mental health suffered.
Physical injuries of course didnt help.

It’s all very similar to Ansu Fati

1 Like

Giovanni dos santos was another lad.

1 Like

Barcelona are a despicable club the way they destroy young talent. Only for the growth promoters they’d have done the same to Messi

Riqui Puig

Seems a bit sad to be signing these two…

Barcelona have adopted a SuperJuventus signing policy. The way to solve your financial problems is by signing the oldest and/or the most dubious of character, those on massive wages. Anybody the Saudis have their eye on, basically.

1 Like

Sad? 2 excellent players.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same - seems like a cheap coup x2 for them.

You’d think they’d have learned from all the other wasteful signings.

Both are useless and will do harm than good. Cancelo has been ran out of city and Bayern. Felix is afraid of his shadow.

Barcelona have tried these signings for a decade and they don’t work.

They have an even worse transfer policy than United.

Young boy (17) is after putting Barca ahead here at Athletic with only his second touch with 10 to go. A star could be born.

Joao Felix made it but he has been so frustrating all night. So gifted but zero aggression in anything he does. I’d want him, Ferran Torres and Morata in my firing squad…people would think you were shot but you’d play dead walk away when the room cleared.

2 Likes

It was a nice finish from young Marc Guiu

3 Likes

Only 33 seconds after coming on.

The mother was happy

€$£
I’d say

You cynical bastard.

But ya a few pound is nice too…

does that qualify her for a pique bonus?

Just realised that El Classico was on Premier Sports. A far cry from its primetime Sunday night viewing slot. Gundogan has Barca 1-0 up at the interval.

2 Likes

Another young star run into the ground by Barcelona. A future of being loaned out to Brighton awaits.

1 Like

And Spain

I had high hopes for Xabi and Barcelona. Recovery post the Messi ransom was always going to be tough but when you see them signing cancelo and joao Felix you know it was never going to end well.