Baseball

That fenway tour is exceptional

I was gonna tell our pal to go for it even if itā€™s not Wrigley as Iā€™ve always found ballparks to be beautiful, the most scenic places in sport, then I realised that thereā€™s a lot of truth to what you said and that greenery is a common denominator to nearly all my visits.

1 Like

No better way to pass the evening! Itā€™s hypnotic and relaxing game to watch but not v exciting

1 Like

I often went from a Shea afternoon game to a Yankee stadium evening game with said greenery helping us along.

Iā€™d been to Fenway park a few times years ago and went to see the Cardinals last summer in St Louis stone cold sober and it was a different sport

Itā€™s a great day out, especially in a city thatā€™s steeped in baseball like Chicago. Comiskey isnā€™t a great ballpark but itā€™s decent. Spend a bit more for a lower level seat as close to home base as possible, around either dugout is ideal. The game is long, if I were going alone I would split my time between the seat and the bars on the concourse. Watch an inning and then head to the bar, rinse and repeat.

They know how to charge in the bars in Fenway. Almost $10 a beer and wasnā€™t even a pint. Must rake in some money there every home game.

Regular season and post season are like two different gamesā€¦ Fuck the soxā€¦

Did you end up going to the game?

No. We were very close to wrigley field but they were away. I went up there for a look around alright. The other crowd were at home but it was a nice trek and I wasnā€™t arsed.

Straight down to Tipsy McCabbages for a feed of pints and a watery shepherds pie instead no doubt

:grinning: