Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, Star Wars & Star Trek - Earth calling Orson

Only catching up now

OMFG

I am what you made me

2 Likes

The writing is fucking awful, like in everyone of the Star Wars shows - just terrible. At least the editing isn’t a mess like The Mandalorian.

If you don’t like Star Wars, or the writing style, did you just watch it to come and to an online for and have something to give out about?

1 Like

I love Star Wars. The writing in this is absolute dogshit. Simple as.

You love it, yet you hate the writing in every one of the shows?

When was the writing good in Star Wars? What exactly are you looking for?

I mean the recent Disney+ TV shows, all of which have awful writing. This is one small piece of Star Wars media in total.

The writing wasn’t dogshit in the majority of the movies (prequels aside) - it wasn’t great, but it wasn’t this fucking bad either.

I’m looking for competency, is that too much to ask for?

George, you can type this shit, but you can’t say it

2 Likes

It’s just awful when the space-nerds turn on each other

Which movies was the writing good?

‘George you may be able to write this shit but you sure as shit can’t say it’

1 Like

I hate sand. It gets everywhere.

1 Like

It was passable in everything other than the prequels.

I’m confused as to your argument - are you suggesting it’s ok that the writing is shite in Kenobi because the writing was shite in some of the movies?

No, I don’t believe the writing to be shite in Kenobi. Nor do I believe the writing to be of a very high quality in any of the Star Wars outputs.

1 Like

My heart is beating, hoping that kiss will not become a scar

Lord Vader

I repeat - Strange New Worlds is great.

1 Like

That final episode was brilliant, Vader/Anakin & Obi Wan the two lads nailed it. The end cameo :clap:

First 3 episodes were very good. Went off a cliff in E4. Five was average, 6 somewhat better and managed to nail a landing of sorts. You can see the seams in the script where they welded it from a movie to a 6 part tv show. Someone needs to explain Revas arc to me, because it was fucking nonsense. The actress did well with what she had though.

All in all, somewhat enjoyable but another cautionary tale of the dangers of continuing to play in the Skywalker sandbox.

1 Like