BBQs and barbecuing - I love ribeye more than I love my kids

Onions from the barbecue are the business.

1 Like

Cooked whole? Tinfoil or not?

Corn on the cob, in the husk, is fantastic. Don’t need to take the leaves off, they burn away a bit but protect the corn underneath

2 Likes

Few cuts down the middle but not fully through. Drop of soy sauce and olive oil with salt and pepper. Wrapped in tinfoil.

Savage.

2 Likes

Bananas on a bbq is a Qld tradition

Pure quality. You van leave them outside all year and they’ll manage the best. Throw on a lump of soaked hardwood and you’ll hardly be able to see for smoke

Is that the one that costs circa 2k?

As an aside I got the aldi smoker bbq at the beginning of the summer.

Very difficult control the heat

@glasagusban I’m in the market for a bbq upgrade at the moment, probably going to go for one of the Weber Mastertouch kettles.

Only thing putting me off the kettle is the lack of a hinged lid, although there are attachments you can get to hold it.

I was also considering getting a Kadai fire bowl, but they aren’t much use for a low and slow cook.

Not much point in getting a gas one, you may as well just cook the food on the hob and bring it outside.

2 Likes

Ffs

@glasagusban I’d suggest maybe getting a cheapish half barrel charcoal one and see how you go. You’d pick one up for less than €100 and you’d get a few years out of it.

1 Like

Good suggestion. I was leaning towards the Weber kettle.

I picked up a new bbq there today.

tenor (43)

Convince of gas, fuck it we have a bbq

1 Like

I propose that people who use gas barbecues are excluded from this thread

Chicken Skewers and legs

3 Likes

Pork fillet on the BBQ tonight.

Served Mexican style with lime & coriander rice, guacamole, tomato salsa, sour cream and rocket.

And beer. :ok_hand:

35 Likes

I think us Queenslanders know more than some muldoon from tipp mate

2 Likes

The Hank Hills of the forum

3 Likes

The dark knight rises. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Pork steak on the bbq is an absolute game changer

1 Like

Apologies @TreatyStones

I snapped