BBQs and barbecuing - I love ribeye more than I love my kids

One is a Tomahawk steak, the other is a Cote de Beouf. As far as I know they’re basically both ribeyes on the bone

1 Like

I’ve a huge one of those babies lined up for tomorrow

I’ve never had one. I’ll have to try one. Did someone say that they were in SV at the mo?

Yup. I got mine for 18 yoyos (and I ain’t sharing either)

4 for 18 at our butcher

This baby is fucking huge though. 1.5 kg

@iron_mike later this afternoon

2 Likes

No I’ve Turkey and ham on today. The shteak is for tomorrow.

1 Like

About 2 foot in diameter

1 Like

Reverse sear the job for the Tomahawks etc

3 Likes

That’s the job. Interesting he says bbq is way to go but heat management is very tricky

1 Like

Nice ones here and 40% off, providing superb value.

1 Like

The reverse sear worked like a dream. About 3 hours at 90 deg gradually brought the beef temp up to about 58 deg and then a little bit of oil on it to encourage some serious flame searing.

Did it with caramelised red onions and chimchurri sauce which was a new one for me but I’d recommend big time.

20 Likes

Chimichurri sauce appears to be this season’s hipster choice.

3 Likes

I did it because one of our visitors was allergic to dairy and I was trying to find a steak sauce without butter/milk/cream. I’m delighted now to find I’ve tapped into the zeitgeist

I had this for the 1st time in an Argie restauraunt in Spain. We couldn’t get enough of it. I suspect it originates from that neck of the woods.

1 Like

Yes it’s Argentinian originally

Treated myself to a T bone. No veg or nothing just meat tonight

8 Likes

Can anyone recommend a good meat hamper supplier that delivers in the Munster area?

Link Brazil shop Henry St Limerick.

Top tip.

Count yourselves lucky I’m letting you know about this place.

Top quality steak. Various types of steak. It’s about 50% cheaper than any Irish butcher. It’s unbelievable. Vacuum packed meat, Hotel and restaurant standard. Once you shop for meat there you won’t ever go anywhere else to buy your meat.

1 Like