BBQs and barbecuing - I love ribeye more than I love my kids

Nice day for the friendship bracelet

3 Likes

T Bones for the mad cow disease

3 Likes

Leftovers, will make some nice sandwiches for tomorrow

3 Likes

@gilgamboa @ironmoth and other Kamado grill owners

How much difference in terms of amount you can cook based off size. Assume the 11" mini wouldn’t be worth the hassle. But by the same token I’d assume the 18" would have ample room and the 21" would be unnecessary

You’d fit three Higgins burgers on the mini. Wouldn’t work for a family I suspect.

1 Like

Chicken Tikka Kebabs with Flatbread

15 Likes

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

1 Like

In the market for something.

This caught my eye. Oklahoma Joe Smoker - Hanley's of Cork

Any steer appreciated, within reason.

Don’t leave me hanging @TreatyStones. This cash won’t be too long in my pocket.

It’s gas or that Oklahoma yoke. Might be a bit too much hassle to knock out a few burgers and saussies in the rain though?

What do you currently have?

Had gas for 15 years. Looked after it, but it’s gone the way of the Cork and Tipperary hurlers now. Had a small charcoal one as well but someone ‘borrowed’ it and I never got to use it enough to know any better.

Personally this is what I have and i think it’s brilliant. You’d fit loads on it and theres lots of accessories out there for it.

The one linked above looks expensive for what it is.

https://www.clonmelgardencentre.ie/p/weber-mastertouch-e-5750-black/48127

1 Like

I’ve the same one and it’s a great job alright.

I get charcoal from ecofuel.ie

1 Like

Sound. Looks the job, and the accessories open up the options no end.

To save me locating one to review in the flesh, would it stand up to fair and proper use year after year?

I’d be like that priest in Father Ted…

“Where’d you get these doors, Ted?”.

I bought a cover for my one and it’s perfect after a year of being outside. Unlike a gas grill there’s not too many parts to one so once you clean it it should be the finest

This stuff is great - get one birch and one oak And mix them so it heats up fast and burns longer. Buy a chimney on Amazon and it’ll be ready to go in 30 minutes.

1 Like

The good thing with that model is its pretty much the defacto standard for Kettle bbqs so you’ll be able to pick up cheaper, non weber, accessories that will fit it perfectly.

The weber will last you years with a small bit of care. Mine is outside all year round with a cover on it that i picked up from Amazon.

2 Likes

That’s that, then. Sound.

My Weber packed in last night. Any recommendations?

Grill or a BBQ?

1 Like

BBQ