BBQs and barbecuing - I love ribeye more than I love my kids

Depends. French, two to the left. Korean, 4 to the left. Chinese, 8 to the left.

5 Likes

Swap the rabbit and the horse move the line one animal to the left

1 Like

Horse is delicious.

Unboxed the Lidl mini Green Egg/Kamodo Joe knock off that I bought last year and I’m smoking/slow cooking a bit of brisket on it. Mostly as an experiment to get a feel for temperature. Meat looks great but not sure yet what it will taste like. The barbecue itself is a lovely looking bit of kit and a grand size for me.

5 Likes

Tried a few lidls trying to get my hands on one of them but no joy.

Great to read about bbqing in here and not lads grilling with gas.

1 Like

Keep us posted on how it turns out.

6 Likes

They had them behind the checkout in Lidl Portmarnock this week. You should ring them and ask if they still have them.

1 Like

It was absolutely savage. Lovely and crispy on the outside and tender in the middle.

3 Likes

Fine bit of meat. The battle with the brisket for me is to stop it drying out. That looks smashing

1 Like

Much for the egg?

99.99 in Lidl last year. They were on sale a couple of weeks ago for the same price. Massive value compared to the Green Egg and the Kamodo Joe, but it’s very small. You wouldn’t be feeding a family off of it.

@glasagusban they had two of these barbecues in Lidl East Wall this afternoon in the centre aisle.

1 Like

20 Likes

A noble bit of meat

1 Like

I’m just out of a Lidl in Limerick but no sign.

He did say Lidl in East Wall though. I don’t think he mentioned Lidl in Limerick.

Thanks Boxty that’s a good point too.

1 Like

Aldi next Sunday.

1 Like